Dometic fridge door shelves

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

So to give a little feedback and update on the cracking/breaking shelves in the new Dometic fridges (supplied with my new Bailey)
I received 4 new shelves from my dealer via the warranty route. exactly the same as the originals in every way.
So i accepted the fact that i would have to put my engineering cap on and find a solution to stop them cracking and finally breaking during transit to our next holiday site.

They seem to snag on the inner door casing whilst fitting into place and they never seem to fit to the final seated position on top of the extruding pegs in the liner.
Having given it some thought over a cold cider or two i decided to fix the snagging issue when offering them up to the inner door casing, a little bit of silicon spray on the ends of the shelves might be the answer.
Hey presto, it only blooming works. They slip nicely into the casing and sit right on top of the pegs.

Did a bumpy trip (British roads) to Weymouth, they survived, no spilt goods or broken shelves.

So a simple solution but thought i'd share.

Regards
Mark

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had a fridge shelf crack on our Valencia less than 6 m old. Assumed it was us being heavy handed shoving a milk container in. The shelves are a bit narrow for milk and wine. As we blamed ourselves, bought a new one. (Leisurespares are brilliant). Our van is on a seasonal pitch so bumping through towing really shouldn't apply.
Clearly there is a quality issue that I was not aware of. If another one cracks, I will get onto the dealer.
Thanks
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts