DONT FORGET - TODAYS THE DAY

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Congrats to CC on their much improved booking system. I have booked my eleven weeks for 2006 without any hassle whatsoever.

admittedly there were times that the site responses slowed down and on 2 occasions it informed me before I started the booking that the site was closed until later. I suspect they had read Milords message.

as usual the club are impeccable with its dealing with most aspects of caravanning. IMHO

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
also been trying all day to book chatsworth at easter but site kept crashing and phoneline was always engaged.Booked losehill instead so hope its ok
Denise - Losehill is a totally different type of site to Chatsworth and you will wake up to the view of Mam Tor and beautifull views all around you.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Wendy,

I have been told that people like Grin Low better than Chatsworth,as it is a more peaceful atmosphere.Can't comment myself as we haven't tried Grin Low.

Once you have been, give us your comments.We're lucky enough to be retired so can choose to go on site outwith busy periods.
Grin low very nice and lots to see in the area, and local takeaway delivers to site

Tim

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
do the CC sites really fill up that quickly?

we are new to caravanning and havent joined the CC yet although we are planning on doing so and using their sites next year. The way work is at the moment I cant work out which weekends we will be able to go away and so I'm now left wondering if its worth joining CC because we will most likely be trying to book a month or two in advance,

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Maybe others have had different experiences Richard but as of yet Ive never failed to book a site. There might be problems with a few of the more popular sites with kids in School Holidays. I sort out my main weeks away and book them just in case asap but we go away most weekends in the summer with no difficulties.

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
It is still worth joining Richard, if only for the discount on car/caravan ins., plus the green flag breakdown, we didn't use any CC sites last year, but when i looked at what i had saved on other things, its still worth the membership.

I have never found their technical helpline very helpfull and on one occasion UNhelpfull, but the magazine is a good laugh, but make sure you wear blazer and slacks when you read it.

Tim

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Took time for someone to bite, no principles whatsoever, and i'm not going to resign because i like the letters in the mag from people like you who whinge about other people all the time.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Shiraz

Don't let Tim wind you up, I'm all for a bit of order in my life and that of others probably the reason why we use CC sites in the first place .clean tidy, honest respectable. If people don't want to use the facility that's just fine; more for me.

The CC probably make far more from insurance and sales of other products, it's probably the main way for them to afford to build new sites etc.

Now if they would do something about those ghastly wind break things !!

Monkeys husband

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Took time for someone to bite, no principles whatsoever, and i'm not going to resign because i like the letters in the mag from people like you who whinge about other people all the time.
What a coincidence - I said the same thing to Shiraz, he needs a bit of wit and humour in his postings in another thread but His Moddyship seems to have deleted the whole topic :O(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You tim will not get any of my humour as it is too sophisticated for you! and I expect a few aH Mooooos from your co partner bag of wind

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Shiraz

Don't let Tim wind you up, I'm all for a bit of order in my life and that of others probably the reason why we use CC sites in the first place .clean tidy, honest respectable. If people don't want to use the facility that's just fine; more for me.

The CC probably make far more from insurance and sales of other products, it's probably the main way for them to afford to build new sites etc.

Monkeys husband
Monkey - I agree with everything you say about winding people up, but sometimes it does you good to challenge some of the childish twaddle that certain members write. if they were to come to a public meeting they would no doubt be seen and not heard and the probaly thats why they are like bags of wind on this site. IMHO

I think that windbreaks are much better than wyndbags

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Monkey - I agree with everything you say about winding people up, but sometimes it does you good to challenge some of the childish twaddle that certain members write. if they were to come to a public meeting they would no doubt be seen and not heard and the probaly thats why they are like bags of wind on this site. IMHO

I think that windbreaks are much better than wyndbags
heheheh! good try - keep practicing ;O)

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Shiraz

Monkeys husband
Dead right Monkeys uncle, ooh i mean husband, they do make more from people like me who give them membership money and more money for their services without even soiling their sacred turf, but we do always "iron" the windbreak before putting it up and weed the flower boxes on the awning.

A lot of private sites have facilities on a par with CC (is this a magazine forum, or CC forum)without the "green police" walking around everywhere.

You wait, soon you will all have to wear "blazer and slacks" uniforms to even go on their sites.

I have even heard "the prisoner" was based on a CC site.

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This posting seems to have developed into a pro vs anti CC debate !

As a member I think everything they do is, by and large very professional.They have moved with the times and they are not usually the stuffy , starchy club some seem to envisage.

We recently stayed at Low Manesty, Keswick and the wardens there are a delight.However, we also stayed at a midlands site ( I won't name and shame) and the wardens there, particularly the female side of the partnership, were most obnoxious.We were greeted in a surly fashion, there is diagram on the check in desk illustrating how to pitch with the corner next to the peg ( a rule that I thought the CC had dropped ages ago). We were told to walk round the site to find a pitch even though the whole area is a flat open site with a circular road around it. My attempt to make light conversation fell on stony ground. I had pre booked on the internet ( see, I'm back on thread now my Lord)and I made a casual enquiry as to it's success and number of no shows.I am none the wiser from her reply and was left to feel visitors checking in should be seen and not heard.

As for me, am I put off ? Not a bit. My summer holiday is now securely booked !

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I agree Dave, I find the C.C. sites excellent and most of their wardens. Low Park Wood wardens were good too. I cannot for the life of me see why Tim should have to resign though like he was advised to in an earlier posting by Shiraz. Where do principles come into it, he pays his money and if he chooses not to use the sites thats his prerogative, it leaves pitches open for others. When will some accept that we live in a democracy without the righteous holier than thou types telling us what we can do and that we have no principles.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
tim as he acknowledges has no principles and I am pleased to see you are now being as serious as you accused me of being. Good for you is'nt it Education Education Education

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
tim as he acknowledges has no principles and I am pleased to see you are now being as serious as you accused me of being. Good for you is'nt it Education Education Education
I,m developing favourites on here, and ones i really, would not like to pitch next to.

Thanks for the fun (some of you) and a merry winter festival

Tim

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
This posting seems to have developed into a pro vs anti CC debate !

As a member I think everything they do is, by and large very professional.They have moved with the times and they are not usually the stuffy , starchy club some seem to envisage.

We recently stayed at Low Manesty, Keswick and the wardens there are a delight.However, we also stayed at a midlands site ( I won't name and shame) and the wardens there, particularly the female side of the partnership, were most obnoxious.We were greeted in a surly fashion, there is diagram on the check in desk illustrating how to pitch with the corner next to the peg ( a rule that I thought the CC had dropped ages ago). We were told to walk round the site to find a pitch even though the whole area is a flat open site with a circular road around it. My attempt to make light conversation fell on stony ground. I had pre booked on the internet ( see, I'm back on thread now my Lord)and I made a casual enquiry as to it's success and number of no shows.I am none the wiser from her reply and was left to feel visitors checking in should be seen and not heard.

As for me, am I put off ? Not a bit. My summer holiday is now securely booked !
Dave,

Let me guess .. Well if I said it was in Derbyshire would I be right .we got exactly the same impression!!

Monkeys husband

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I,m developing favourites on here, and ones i really, would not like to pitch next to.

Thanks for the fun (some of you) and a merry winter festival

Tim
That will not be a problem as you do not use CC sites, but when you do lokk for the van that has windbreaks all around it. Over and out.

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Denise - Losehill is a totally different type of site to Chatsworth and you will wake up to the view of Mam Tor and beautifull views all around you.
Hi Denise.

Just got back from Lodehill about 1.5 hours ago after my first visit! Excellent site, toilet blocks very clean and the wardens were very friendly.

The surroundings are excellent, although it's difficult to park anywhere near the middle of Castleton without being charged for the privilege.

The scenery at least makes up for it - and the snow this weekend !!!

Cheers,

Lee

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts