Door frame adhesive

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I've managed to get a replacement door for my caravan but do I need any particular adhesive to fix the frame, the old adhesive was near bullet proof and took me almost three hours to remove, thanks in advance guys.

Sean.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
SheffSean said:
I've managed to get a replacement door for my caravan but do I need any particular adhesive to fix the frame, the old adhesive was near bullet proof and took me almost three hours to remove, thanks in advance guys.

Sean.

You say 'adhesive' but isn't the frame screwed in to provide the mechanical fixing so you need 'sealant'?

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes it is screwed in mate, around 10 screws to be exact but with it being an area of regular traffic and the occasional slam I just thought it would need something a bit more of a hard core fixing but thanks for your input mate.

Sean.

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
That's fair enough mate, maybe it's what they used to fix yours as standard, it's all new to me this restoration game, maybe a sealant would be fine but i understand what Damien is getting at with the heavier duty stuff, I appreciate your input mate but don't want to make it look like I'm poo pooing your idea that's all.

Sean.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts