dorema awnings

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
lost our old awning through wind damage,thinking of buying a dorema madison,is this a good buy,last awning was a nr.Thank you

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Friends of ours have a dorema madison awning and they have been really impressed with it, it is easy to put up and looks smart too. So we have just gone and bought one too. We have also been quite impressed by it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
sorry to be a pain Gill,heard stories that the roof sags when it rains.New to caravanning.
Can't comment for myself yet, but friends have had no complaints, perhaps it never rains when they go caravaning ha!ha!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I bought a Doremma Madison awning with the lightweight carbon poles. The tension wing nuts are huge and after the first night of using it,which turned out quite windy, we had several holes worn in the fabric. The tension was as tight as I could get it. We took it back to the dealer who rang Doremma with our complaint on quality. They said it was my fault for not having the wing nuts positioned correctly and stating that if I wanted them to repair it it would cost me. I retorted that it was not my fault as there were no instructions to warn me of the danger, they said it was common sense. They were not prepared to compromise in any way.I then took the matter up with the dealer as my sales contract was with him. He agreed to take back the awning and allow me to buy a new one. I chose the more expensive Isabella Capri , but when you compare like with like you do appreciate that Isabella is worth the extra.

Doremma..... with their customer care, I wouldn't touch them with an awning pole !

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
I bought a Doremma Madison awning with the lightweight carbon poles. The tension wing nuts are huge and after the first night of using it,which turned out quite windy, we had several holes worn in the fabric. The tension was as tight as I could get it. We took it back to the dealer who rang Doremma with our complaint on quality. They said it was my fault for not having the wing nuts positioned correctly and stating that if I wanted them to repair it it would cost me. I retorted that it was not my fault as there were no instructions to warn me of the danger, they said it was common sense. They were not prepared to compromise in any way.I then took the matter up with the dealer as my sales contract was with him. He agreed to take back the awning and allow me to buy a new one. I chose the more expensive Isabella Capri , but when you compare like with like you do appreciate that Isabella is worth the extra.

Doremma..... with their customer care, I wouldn't touch them with an awning pole !
In process of buying one with aluminium frame,in general any good.

Apr 6, 2005
Visit site

Nothing at all wrong with dorema awnings, we have had a madison for six years and to date no trouble, the instructions were very good and simple to follow, once we had erected it the 1st time we just maked each pole section that goes together with marker pen and hey presto once on site it is simple and easy to erect.

Apr 9, 2005
Visit site
Nothing at all wrong with dorema awnings, we have had a madison for six years and to date no trouble, the instructions were very good and simple to follow, once we had erected it the 1st time we just maked each pole section that goes together with marker pen and hey presto once on site it is simple and easy to erect.
have heard roof sags,and rain gathers in it, and not a good buy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've had a Dorema Cardinal with alloy poles for 4 years. Unfortunately however we wouldn't have another one.

We previously had a Bradcot Classic, and the build quality was far superior to the Dorema.

One of the main problems has been the zipped panels. The zips have jammed on one of them, and another can't be totally unzipped as the zip comes off in your hand, and is heck of a job to get back on again.

The front 'porch' flap just can't be tensioned properly and remains limp regardless of the main body of the tent which is fully taut.

The rain runs off the roof above each of the 'doors'. So you get wet going in and out, and it caused a puddle just where you want to walk.

The caravan skirt isn't sewn together properly. So although the bottom of it is taut, the top beading strip has to have a loop in it across the wheel gap.

The frame itself isn't too bad, but it's sometimes difficult to get the tightness of the wingnuts correct. Too tight and they break, too slack and on a windy day they'll loose their grip on the poles.

Sorry, but I can't say that I'd recommend them.

TRENDING THREADS