Dorema awnings

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are there any comments about the Dorema Calypso awning?

I am about to buy a new one and having seen this awning it looks to be good value for money. All comments welcome, thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dorema awnings. I must be the odd one out. I've a President vario which has been back to the factory for modification as I wasn't happy with the saggy roof, but it still sags and the zip still doesn't fit.When I first posted the problem back in march, i had seven similar replies! Good luck with your Dorema, but I won't be buying another one. Emmerson

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Dorema awnings. I must be the odd one out. I've a President vario which has been back to the factory for modification as I wasn't happy with the saggy roof, but it still sags and the zip still doesn't fit.When I first posted the problem back in march, i had seven similar replies! Good luck with your Dorema, but I won't be buying another one. Emmerson
We have a Dorema porch awning, which is well made and uses high quality plastics for mud walls. However the alloy frame is of a very confusing design, and not the slightest bit intuitive to assemble. If the frame were of Isabella design, the package would be a winner. I would not buy another with the alloy frame.

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a secound hand calypso and I got a lot of nearly new awning for little money.I dont think it is a strong and durable as the older bradcott awning I replaced,(bought the wrong size!!, yes I am new to caravaning and learning fast). The calypso has lots of zip ends which seem to hang in no mans land, I did not have these with the bradcott. You can pick up some bargains in your local paper, I used adtrader on line. You don't have to use ebay which I think people ask too much.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

We have a Dorema awning 925-950cm size and it the cardinal type. All 4 panels zip out and is easy to erect and we use their alloy frame and find it great.Dead easy to use , but did leak round the stiching the first time out, but sealed itself within a couple of hours once the fabric expanded as they said it would, Great awning. O.K its no Isabella but its good and after 3 seasons of use no problems.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts