Dorset camping

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Would anyone know of a campsite in Dorset that is very close to the beach or very easy walking or cycling distance,
I am slightly disabled as to not been able to walk up steep hills or steps, can get down them but not back up , ( old age,mm )
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Alan & Jackie

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Alan, I also have problems getting back up hills, normally from a pub, though. Did you get the brake fade on your Santa Fe sorted, never did see a reply.
Hutch.

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi hutch ,,
brilliant reply ( hic ) :woohoo:
And yes about my brakes , brake fluid needed changing, ,
so many thanks to those who suggested that, good shout :)
I suppose i didn't help taking my car & caravan over the Swiss alps last year ,, don't ask ,,,
all sorted now ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Many thanks
Alan.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh I know how you feel, took ours to South of France the up and over the A74 i think 1850 meters at 35c , the SF didnt like it. But all good again. Still a very good tow car.
See you somewhere.
Hutch.

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Yup as they say its a small world so you never know,we will look out for you.
Think the alps killed the brake fluid, oups, but what an experience ,
Not doing Europe this year , hence looking at Dorset or similar,
hopefully no rain !!!!!!!!!!
but befinitely on the books for Europe next year, no idea where yet!
Probably somewhere they sell wine hic hic,,, :)

Alan

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
So true , we found the wine in Lidles Uk At £4•85 in Lidle Switzerland was SF, 3 50 only thing cheaper, we are doing the same, Touring Uk, maybe just one month to France.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you don't mind commercial sites West Bay (Parkdean) site is a short stoll to the beach with lots of cafes and eating out lets. Where Broadchuch was filmed.
Other commercial sites worth looking at are Haven, 3 sites all with their own beach or one within walking distant. If you can get away out of school holidays and not bank holidays they do great deals.

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest Ulwell, as it's such a great site, but it's built up the side of Round Down, with all the tourers at the top, and a steep slope to the facilities, so sadly it wouldn't do for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts