Dorset sites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi john the painter , try caravan club's wood farm at charmouth , not far from lyme regis probably the best harbour & seaside resort in dorset.campsite very clean , small in door swimming pool, fishing lake but no club house , teenagers tend to gather round pool & table tennis tables .....pete

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
John, I live in Dorset and there are sites of all different types. Have you a preference e.g. small comercial, seaside or country, west or east? Does your daughter want entertainment?

Moreton Glade the C&CC site, and Crossways the CC site, either side of Moreton Station are good .

Highland End at Eype near Bridport is recommended.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
John, I live in Dorset and there are sites of all different types. Have you a preference e.g. small comercial, seaside or country, west or east? Does your daughter want entertainment?

Moreton Glade the C&CC site, and Crossways the CC site, either side of Moreton Station are good .

john the crossways cc sites whats it like?. im thinking of going there for a few days in the whitsun holiday.

thanks

jo

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site

sorry i meant ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne, I think Crossways is a nice site. It consists of a number of glades. Some off them would not get much sun especially in late evening but o

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne, Crossways is I suspect an old quarry It consists of a number of seperate glades with roadways and trees in between. I do not know what they are all like for evening sun. The site is alongside the Weymouth - Waterloo railway line and some people may find the trains intrusive ,but my work is related to the railways so I find it no problem [it is not Clapham Junction so the trains are not every few minutes]. Moreton station is next to the site and day returns to Weymouth are cheap, especially as you don't have to pay parking. There is a very good pub, The Frampton Arms adjacent to the station. Altogether a very nice site and area.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jo-anne, Crossways is I suspect an old quarry It consists of a number of seperate glades with roadways and trees in between. I do not know what they are all like for evening sun. The site is alongside the Weymouth - Waterloo railway line and some people may find the trains intrusive ,but my work is related to the railways so I find it no problem [it is not Clapham Junction so the trains are not every few minutes]. Moreton station is next to the site and day returns to Weymouth are cheap, especially as you don't have to pay parking. There is a very good pub, The Frampton Arms adjacent to the station. Altogether a very nice site and area.
Jo-anne see previous postings on Crosswways Thu 9th June and Thu 19 May last year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try Pear Tree Farm at Sandford just outside Wareham. The site is spotless regarding toilets/shower facilities. However the only thing on site is a small shop, no other amenities whatsoever. They take dogs and there is a dog walk on the outskirts of the site and Wareham forest. The village pub is just a few hundred yards down the road and they accept children on the premises. They do very good value for money food. The site is pretty central for Poole, Bournmouth and Swanage..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Royston, Hunters Moon is a very good site but the original question was very broad. Within a short distance of Hunters Moon there are Wareham Forest Park and Birchwood Park which are also good sites. We are blessed in Dorset with some very good sites in a lovely county and everybody will have their preference. I like to use a CS at Longburton near Sherborne, which is on a farm within a country estate and within walking distance of the village pub for a quiet weekend. I hope you have a great time, think of me if your having a drink in 'The Silent Woman'. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Royston, Hunters Moon is a very good site but the original question was very broad. Within a short distance of Hunters Moon there are Wareham Forest Park and Birchwood Park which are also good sites. We are blessed in Dorset with some very good sites in a lovely county and everybody will have their preference. I like to use a CS at Longburton near Sherborne, which is on a farm within a country estate and within walking distance of the village pub for a quiet weekend. I hope you have a great time, think of me if your having a drink in 'The Silent Woman'. Ray
Thanks very much for replying, Certainly give The Silent Women

a visite, curious name for apub, must have some history.

Roy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Royston, The Silent Woman is 18th century and refers to a beheaded Saint although the local gossip is of a previous landlady who didn't keep her mouth shut about Dorset's most lucrative trade - smuggling. It was originally called the Angel and it is mentioned in Thomas Hardy book " The Return of the Native". It is a short stroll from Hunters Moon site and I think still a Hall and Woodhouse pub so a pint of Tanglefoot would go down well. Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Royston, The Silent Woman is 18th century and refers to a beheaded Saint although the local gossip is of a previous landlady who didn't keep her mouth shut about Dorset's most lucrative trade - smuggling. It was originally called the Angel and it is mentioned in Thomas Hardy book " The Return of the Native". It is a short stroll from Hunters Moon site and I think still a Hall and Woodhouse pub so a pint of Tanglefoot would go down well. Ray
Sounds great, like an old pub with a bit of history attached.

Roy.

Mar 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi,

East Fleet Farm - overlooks Chesil beach, it's on a working farm. Fantastic sunrise and sunsets, loads of room, staff really helpful & friendly. Cheap bus service into town, on site pub & restaurant (v reasonable) and within easy drive of weymouth and many local attractions.

gw

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Highlands End at Bridport,lovely clean and well run site with spectacular sea views and a lovely clifftop walk into either Eype village or into the lovely town of Bridport itself.Highly Recommended,you will not be disappointed.

Regards, Terry Springate

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
...and there's also, of course, Golden Cap, the site that first hooked us on caravanning many years ago. It's the neighbouring and sister site of Highlands End, just as well run. One hundred yards from the beach, (where there's a nice pub), brilliant cliff top walks east and west. Trouble is it's very popular so prices are top end and you'll have to book well ahead to get in!

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
...and there's also, of course, Golden Cap, the site that first hooked us on caravanning many years ago. It's the neighbouring and sister site of Highlands End, just as well run. One hundred yards from the beach, (where there's a nice pub), brilliant cliff top walks east and west. Trouble is it's very popular so prices are top end and you'll have to book well ahead to get in!
meant to add, visit http://www.wdlh.co.uk for a quick look...

Jul 23, 2005
Visit site
Live in Dorset so have tried many. Recommend all of the following:

Newlands in Charmouth - lots for families

East Fleet near Weymouth - good for families and walking

Wareham Forest

Merley Court - near Poole and Bournemouth, winner of numerous awards

Check out some pictures on my website http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.bayliss1/holidays/sites.htm

Apr 23, 2006
Visit site
hi john last year we stayed at west bay caravan park it was recommeded by a couple we met at charmouth CC&C site it is situated on a hill looking over the harbour on terrace pitches the entertaments crew were excellant considering we went out of season late sept with bars/swimming pool/and walks by the harbour we will be returning this year Terry

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Live in Dorset so have tried many. Recommend all of the following:

Newlands in Charmouth - lots for families

East Fleet near Weymouth - good for families and walking

Wareham Forest

Merley Court - near Poole and Bournemouth, winner of numerous awards

Check out some pictures on my website http://homepage.ntlworld.com/chris.bayliss1/holidays/sites.htm
looked at your website, loads of info Ferry Meadows you must visite, we go there 3/4 times a year also use it as a stop over going north,

Roy

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi John

We stayed at HIghlands End a souple of years ago, and were lucky enough to get a pitch right on the Western Edge. The view was stunning! Steepish walk (about 1/2 mile) to the beach , on site indoor pool, lovely shower block with huge shower cubicles (so no wet clothes!) and a pub and restaurant on site. Terrific.

Golden Cap looked OK too, next to a great Pub, right on the beach, but I recall that the lane to it is rather narrow and twisty and not recommended for caravans (motor homes OK though).

Have a lovely Hol

Caroline

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts