Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Any suggestions for a reasonably quiet site in Dorset (Poole area). for summer. Don't mind commercial or club sites (not CLs). Don't want hi-de-hi but if small club for social drinks that would be OK. Need not have a swimming pool. We are retired simple caravanners with simple tastes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, you won't go far wrong at Wareham Forest Park. As I've said before, I prefer CLs, but if all sites were like this one, I could change my mind. Google it and see for yourself.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Colin, here I am again, Hubby is from Poole,Dorset, he said nothings quite in that area. hehehe.

So you are going to By-Pass Cornwall,

All jokes aside we have been to Rockley Park,Poole, but it is massive,entertainment,swimming pools,this was about 4 years ago.

Regards Liz

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
We also think Wareham forest is a great site.

What about Binghams Farm near Bridport? It is adult only but its a lovely site with a small onsite pub/restaurant in a converted barn. Great showers and lots of walks. Not sure how far poole is though ;-)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, I live in Poole and I think the best site that meets your criteria is Merley Park [www.merley-court.co.uk]. It's a bit expensive now it is part of a large group but facilities and management very good. Other sites near to Poole that I recommend are South Lytchett Manor, Beacon Hill and Wilksworth Farm.

There are many more that are in the Wareham area e.g. Wareham Forest and Birchwood. You really are spoilt for choice in a great part of the country.

If I can help more then please ask.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray c Merley Park, did it used to Merley Bird Gardens? Liz
Liz, if my memory is correct the site has always been Merley Court Touring Park but was refered to as being at the now defunct Merley Bird Gardens which was adjacent.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Liz, if my memory is correct the site has always been Merley Court Touring Park but was refered to as being at the now defunct Merley Bird Gardens which was adjacent.
Ok thanks Ray c, hubby was not quite sure. Liz (P.S I love Poole Park, boating lake).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz, the boats are not in use in Poole Park at the moment as there is some redevelopment going on. There is a restaurant / bar being built not far from the war memorial on the lake side. They are building islands in the Lake that will be geographically layed out and named the same as the islands in Poole Harbour. There is an ice skating rink being built in the area of the miniature train. An exiting time and hopefully the park will be enjoyed by locals and visitors alike. Ray

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Ray I am glad I posted to you, I hope they don't spoil it too much, really lovely park, we all know what redevelopers are like,not that I am against, but they do tend to get carried away, like down here in someplaces in Cornwall. We will have to visit Poole again beings it's hubby's home ground.

I think Colin who posted about Poole sites has had some good advise from you, and I second that. Regards Liz

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ray I am glad I posted to you, I hope they don't spoil it too much, really lovely park, we all know what redevelopers are like,not that I am against, but they do tend to get carried away, like down here in someplaces in Cornwall. We will have to visit Poole again beings it's hubby's home ground.

I think Colin who posted about Poole sites has had some good advise from you, and I second that. Regards Liz
Liz, perhaps we could cross around Exeter as we are going to St Ives for a week in July, to the Cornwall DA of the C&CC THS at St Ives Rugby Club. I havn't been there since 1998 so I shall have to see how things have changed. Where abouts did your husband live in Poole?

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Liz, perhaps we could cross around Exeter as we are going to St Ives for a week in July, to the Cornwall DA of the C&CC THS at St Ives Rugby Club. I havn't been there since 1998 so I shall have to see how things have changed. Where abouts did your husband live in Poole?
Hi Ray, St. Ives is just down the road from us, we are just outside Truro, Hubby was borne in Parkstone, then lived in the Flats in Poole Town, then age 7years moved to Turlin Moor. Regards Liz

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts