Double glazing - condensation

May 13, 2006
Visit site
I have been told that acrylic "glasses" are porous and, therefore, I can do nothing to eliminate the condensation between these Glasses. Is this really true or does someone out there know how to eliminate the condensation?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
take out the small plug in the corner of the window and heat lightly with a hair dryer or do it on a warm day and the condensation should escape.

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
hi rob,

maybe i am wrong but somewhere in the window there should be a small plastic plug if you take this out (gently) and gently heat the window with a hair dryer until the condensation has gone then replace the plug

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Take the plug(s) out for a day in winter, when the temperature is below freezing but with clear skies. In these weather conditions the actual moisture content of ambient air is minimal.

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
sorry, but you are going to ave some condensation. 1!it must be because!one or more of the gromitts in the corner of your window,have vibratted out,or you have a loss seem conections,!check all if no cracks, the gromitts are to blame,either blocked not letting air flow, or some spiders found them quite romantic and laid a bunch of eggs in them,either way clean all out vacum arund the area,hopefully this should sort problem.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts