Double skillet pan at NEC

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi everybody

We saw the above pan demonstrated at the NEC on Tuesday and were quite impressed. Does anyone use one and as there were two sizes, what size would you recommend and why please?

Thanks

Chris

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Chris,

I've got both sizes plus the milk pan.

originaly bought the large size for use on the boat & the old caravan & used them all the time instead of the oven as they were more versatile!

Then bought the smaller double skillet & the milk pan to use when camping (rallying with the motorbike) on my own, the glass lid from the smaller skillet set also fits the milk pan, also you can use the milk pan as a larger/deeper base skillet.

& yes you can cook what the girls cook at the shows & get blindigly good results! I've cooked full roast dinners for 4 in the large skillet! (tip put the spuds in when you put the joint in & cook em for longer than the girls say you get crisper/better roasted tatties & if you've got a small ramikin put your carrots/peas in a teaspoon of water in the ramikin inside the double skillet & hey presto roast dinner & veg from 1 double skillet, use arrowroot powder to thicken the juices to make the gravy)

i've cooked everything from toasted sarnies, bread, cakes to a full roast in them, the smaller skillet set is better suited if there's only one of you.

even though I now take the BBQ plus the Grand Remoska (another great accessory for the van if you've got EHU) I still take both sets of skillets & the milk pan with us in the van, every trip, great for toasted sarnies warming up pies & pasties, cooking pizza, the list goes on! plus you don't have to use the vans oven! & they're a damned sight easier to clean than an oven!

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Chris,

forgot to say that i've had the large double skillet since 93 & the smaller size since 96 & both sets are wearing well, both sets are bit battered now but the non stick is as good as new!

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi George

Thank you for your reply. Would I be able to cook ordinary potatoes in there or could I only do roasters. I am trying to reduce the number of pans I use although I always use a steamer for veg. over potatoes, but sometimes we seem to have a lot of pans to wash in a small sink!

Jul 31, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chris,

in the skillets not really, they're just too shallow, but you could do a few in the large skillet set used as a pan on top of the pan (you'll know what i mean if you watched their demo) or you could boil a few in the milk pan milk pan, for "ordinary" spuds, best do what you're doing now (same as us!!!) boil the spuds in the "base" pan of the steamer whilst you steam the veg above them

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
We've had one for years, using it in our trailer tent, it cooks brilliant, (even apple pie and pizza's) who needs an oven.

Now we have a caravan, I've transferred it again, you'd have to be very brave to take this one off us....

May be expensive but very much worth it's weight in gold.

Jacky

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
We bought a skillet 4 years ago,when we had the motorhome.An absolute god send,as the motorhome had no oven.We also used the skillet pan as a frying pan,so no need to take a frying pan.

When I am in money saving mode ,I use the skillet in the house to cook,instead of useing the oven.

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm very interested in buying a skillet to use to replace an oveen. Where can I get one without visting an exhibition?
Further to my recent message, I have now tracked down the source of supply of the skillets concerned.

See the article in http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/cookinginasmallm.html

The phone number of the supplier is 01953789175

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts