Draining an Abbey Vogue GTS for winter

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
I'm trying to find the drain plug to empty the van for winter storage but I can't find it anywhere outside/under the van, am I being a bit thick or is it hidden too well?

Jeff

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
jeffo,

what year is your van. The later vans do not have a drain plug but older swift group vans do. yo should have a red bung under the van off side front (usually) under where the hot water heater is. I you havent got one of these you will have a yellow leaver as james has said. Flick the leaver and open all the taps.

If you have an on board pump you may want to drain that as well. It goes through that in your manual.

Kevin

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jeffo,

I would need more information about the age / year of the caravan, but yes, the boiler does need to be drained fully, using the yellow handle.

Depending on the age, and if an onboard tank is fitted, then this will either have an external drain valve or an internal drain plug.

The pump needs to be run "dry" for a short while, to expel all water, and if fitted, the pump filter should be removed, and again, the instructions on how to do this will depend on the age of the caravan.

The exact instruction can be found in your handbook, but if you need any more information, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ash

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts