Draining on serviced pitches.

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
A decent serviced pitch should require minimal setting up anyway. But for those who make more use of basic pitches with variable layouts simple and easy is a benefit. Particularly, if, like us you use the caravans shower and having good drainage is then a definite advantage.
I did mention that it also suited sites which allowed drainage into a hedge or ditch.
Genuinely sorry now that I tried to make a suggestion that might be of help to some.
John

......well I liked the idea John.

Made my own version from bits I already had.....cost me nothing and minimal extra weight.
No chance of waste water backing up into the caravan on awkward draining pitches.:)

20210905-121022-1.jpg

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We use these pegs which seems to sort out any issues. https://colapz.co.uk/collections/flexi-waste-pipes/products/flexi-waste-pipe-metal-pegs Invariably drain is at rear of the pitch and higher meaning water has to run uphill. Therefore on our caravan the drain outlets are now closer to the ground due to the slope of the pitch so a bucket would not fit under the outlets anyway. Pegs normally sort out the issue. :D
Amazing how the waste master seems to have a small leak๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰
I have a wastemaster that leaks like that as well. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Made my own version from bits I already had.....cost me nothing and minimal extra weight.
No chance of waste water backing up into the caravan on awkward draining pitches.:)

20210905-121022-1.jpg
I will admit when John first put the post on here, I could not see the point of it, as we have never really had a problem.
BUT thinking about it, maybe we have had a problem at times with the shower water , backing up. I might make one up similar to Bill's and see what happens next time out.
So thanks John for original post and Bill for the photo.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

20210905-121022-1.jpg

That should do it nicely, It shows mine up for sure. Quick to put in place and no trip hazard.

I want to paint mine but I canโ€™t find a paint that will adhere.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have just been working this out, as we always carry the wastemaster and two lengths of flex hose, if I just buy a spare WM cap and make a fitting through the cap to attach the flex hose. And using the vertical end exit of the wastemaster and the wastemaster as the header tank. Doing away with an extra container.
I will let you know how it goes.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I have just been working this out, as we always carry the wastemaster and two lengths of flex hose, if I just buy a spare WM cap and make a fitting through the cap to attach the flex hose. And using the vertical end exit of the wastemaster and the wastemaster as the header tank. Doing away with an extra container.
Watering the hedgerows! Good Woosie๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site

Sounds like a good plan. The toilet flush connector I mentioned in post #1 is a good fit for the convoluted pipe. As you say, you carry the waste-master anyway. I donโ€™t mind having the bucket as it carries lots of bits in the front locker.

John

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......I'm lucky with storage of waste water equipment :)
There is a locker door with access to an under bed compartment right where all the equipment is being used.
There is room in there for the waste hog, the pipework packed away in it's storage bag and the modified black container.
I figured on arrival at a pitch I could use what piece of equipment would work best depending on the facilities and layout.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I hope they work well for you, seem very well made. Will you be using with rigid pipe? When I tried using pegs the convoluted just sagged between pegs and the rigid a pain to achieve the right length. Hence why I use the bucket solution. Perhaps the Colapz own flexible pipe kits will work OK, but bit of a price.

John

At risk of going tangential I notice that your container was a Sika Fast Fix one. I have a York paving patio which the previous owner had installed. Rather than butting the joints they are quite well spaced which makes forva nice appearance. Well it would do had the jointing not been ordinary cement. This is a soft blend which is getting attacked by moss and weather and coming out in many places. Iโ€™d been researching techniques for renewing the joints and came across these โ€œ newishโ€ resin compounds which like to be laid in wet conditions. So itโ€™s one of my winter jobs. Have you used Fast Fix and was it good to lay, and resistant to weather?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
At risk of going tangential I notice that your container was a Sika Fast Fix one. I have a York paving patio which the previous owner had installed. Rather than butting the joints they are quite well spaced which makes forva nice appearance. Well it would do had the jointing not been ordinary cement. This is a soft blend which is getting attacked by moss and weather and coming out in many places. Iโ€™d been researching techniques for renewing the joints and came across these โ€œ newishโ€ resin compounds which like to be laid in wet conditions. So itโ€™s one of my winter jobs. Have you used Fast Fix and was it good to lay, and resistant to weather?

It is both good and easy to do. Good instructions and YouTube videos. Best price I found was Jewsons. Mine was originally done when my new patio was laid. But they did not follow the instructions properly. They simply used a brush to fill the joints. It looked good but started to fall out after about 5 years. Earlier this year I repointed. I had to use an SDS drill to extract. But not too hard to do. Then brush filled, then compressed, then filled, then compressed again. Then a final fill. Not as hard as it sounds. And far easier than sand and cement. I compressed with a 1 foot length of 1inch mild steel pipe with a 30 degree bend.

I bought 3 boxes at about ยฃ20 each. Only needed 2. The accepted a return no problem.

The picture of the patio was the only one I could find. And itโ€™s dark now. I took it of the new conservatory floor.

A6891D61-FBD6-4B0C-BBBA-DC5037CBC5E0.jpeg
BA3DA71F-5336-4176-B7AC-91F49962CC82.jpeg

Good luck with that.

.John

PS, just took a pic in the dark!

AD366FB5-3D4E-4740-81FC-A86F8D21F25C.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
John
Thank you thatโ€™s very useful. I had planned to use a drill to go down into the joints and then some sort of homemade shiv to prise the old cement out., plus the hose on jet. My gaps vary so a number of drills will be required. It seems the secret of success is as you say to tamp it well down. One advantage of these resin jointing grouts is that some are best laid when wet, in fact Marshallโ€™s one basically says the wetter the better.
Guess Iโ€™ve got a good winter job lined up.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
An SDS drill with some chisel and bolster bits is the best.

My problem with the drain box is finding a paint that will stick to it. I might try to cover it in fablon.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
An SDS drill with some chisel and bolster bits is the best.

My problem with the drain box is finding a paint that will stick to it. I might try to cover it in fablon.

John
Iโ€™ve had success painting old plastic pots such as flower pots, or chicken pellet pots using some left over emulsion. Generally will last up to three years in the garden.

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site

Apologies for resurrecting an old post but am finding this interesting. Did your modification of your wastemaster work?

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Looks good and nice and neat, however we have never seen the need to go overboard as those pipes need to be stored somewhere. We simply use a joiner for the two outlets and no issue with draining.
I just us push fittings with the 28mm pvc pipes which are cut to a length to be easily accommodated in the front locker

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts