Draining the system

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin you push the outer collar towards the main pipe and the plug will come out.

You need to drain the water heater and leave all the taps open with the main pump switch on the control panel turned off if you have one.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I find this 'unplugging' process a problem - always seem to end up kneeling in a puddle or a sharp bit of gravel. Does anyone know of any good reason why I cannot fit an in-line tap in place of the plug?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Watson John G,

Thus encouraged I will try it out and keep you informed of how it goes - it will be a while yet though as we will not be using the 'van until next month. Mind you if it all goes pear shaped I will know who to blame for egging me on . . . . . . .

Aug 12, 2005
Visit site
Hi, I was just about to post a question when I saw your comments, I have been trying to establish how to drain the cold water system fully, the instruction manuals are not very helpful. Underneath the van is a red coloured nozzle/valve, am I correct in thinking this is some kind of valve for draining the system? If so, how does it work? Cheers.............

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I also have a real problem draining the tank, on my van, (Sterling Europa), the drain plug pipe under the van is so short that it is impossible to get a decent grip to push back the collar. An earlier posting suggested an in-line tap, I am going to sort one and fit this as it can only be a better idea that the original fiddly collar arrangement.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If sufficient slack/looping was built into the drain pipe it could be used via the new tap to fill a container for topping up the loo etc.

Craig you take hold of the pipe and push the outer collar towards the pipe and the black plug should come out easily.

Nov 15, 2005
Visit site
I also have a real problem draining the tank, on my van, (Sterling Europa), the drain plug pipe under the van is so short that it is impossible to get a decent grip to push back the collar. An earlier posting suggested an in-line tap, I am going to sort one and fit this as it can only be a better idea that the original fiddly collar arrangement.
I had a Europa and the water drain was a real pain

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts