Dreaded delamination

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I have floor delamination in my 2010 Lunar. Main dealer (not a Lunar dealer) has quoted £680 for the repairs. Independent dealer has quoted £390 and spent nearly an hour explaining what he was going to do and offering to give me details of other delamination's
that he had done.
Both agreed with the amount of glue that was required so it is down to the hourly labour charge.
Guess who will be doing the work next week

Have you considered buying the repair kits off eBay and tackling the job yourself or get a mate to help .All that's needed is a drill and bit, marker pen and a good pair of knees. Jobs not difficult. Loads of info and videos online to help sort it out. Done my own van saved Hundreds of pounds. Good luck either way you choose.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Billwizzer said:
Have you considered buying the repair kits off eBay and tackling the job yourself or get a mate to help .All that's needed is a drill and bit, marker pen and a good pair of knees. Jobs not difficult. Loads of info and videos online to help sort it out. Done my own van saved Hundreds of pounds. Good luck either way you choose.

My lad repaired his van using one of these kits, all he needed in the kit. saved a small fortune :)

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
DIY repairs to delaminated floors used to be straight forwards when caravan floors were covered with carpet. You could simply carefully cut around the carpet and peel it out of the way to expose the wooden floor, drill the holes from above, and inject the compounds in. However, with newer caravans (including the 2010 Clubman - speaking from experience of having had the job done!) with removable carpets, good repairers will do the job from underneath the caravan, which for obvious reasons is more difficult. It can be done from above, but getting the Lino floor covering to lay properly afterwards is very difficult.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts