Driving License or not !!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All, I'm getting worried, did anyone see the Watchdog on TV. I know my daughter in-law ( I can say that now) sent her license in to swansea for a change of name (requirement as she's in the forces) and she had groups takens off. This is not a rare occurrence we are finding out. I will have to change mine soon to a new picture one. But am worried if it comes back short of groups. Any one done this yet?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Marie,

I didn't see Watchdog but I know what you're talking about. Things started coming to light about 12 months ago in the motorcycle press. There are hundreds of bikers who had there motorcycle group "lost" and have to retake tests etc. Some are/were people that are professional motorcycle instructors and had to stop work until retaking their tests.

Trust a government department to arse things up!

Cheers

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,Thre is a solution to this .Go to the test centre where you took your test ask them to get your records and on proof of IDthey will give you you pass cert number Beware there is a charge for this ITt cost me 25 pounds to get my motor cycle entitlement back .After the D V L A messed it up . Best of Luck Tom

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
This is not a new problem. My husband lost his motocycle group about 25 years ago. It was a while before he noticed, as he rarely used a bike even then. Too late now...........

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Passenger cars, a group.

Hgv's, a group.

Tracked vehicles, a group.

Motorbikes, a group.

There are other groups, and sub dived groups, (provisional licences etc) but that pretty much is what groups are all about.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Passenger cars, a group.

Hgv's, a group.

Motorbikes, a group.

There are other groups, and sub dived groups, (provisional licences etc) but that pretty much is what groups are all about.
Just don't make me take my licence out of my wallet, to give you the codes for each group, them moths really bite ya know.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Passenger cars, a group.

Hgv's, a group.

Motorbikes, a group.

Must remember that spull chequer

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Hi all,

a tip I was given was to photocopy your original licence before sending it off for renewal or upgrading to a photo licence. That way you have proof that the groups were on your licence in the first place. It seems that yet another government agency can make **** ups but won't admit fault but expect the motorists, motorcyclist to cough up AGAIN.

Perhaps PC, CC & C&CC and the motoring organisations should start a campaign for better service from these overpaid agency employees. Or at least get refunds and a shake up of the whole system.

I often wonder how long these people would last in factory production environment where you have to work hard and take responsibility for your work.

Graham B

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Passenger cars, a group.

Hgv's, a group.

Motorbikes, a group.

Of course now I understand. I;ve never really looked at my licence, even when I sent it off the other month to have 3 points added.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,Thre is a solution to this .Go to the test centre where you took your test ask them to get your records and on proof of IDthey will give you you pass cert number Beware there is a charge for this ITt cost me 25 pounds to get my motor cycle entitlement back .After the D V L A messed it up . Best of Luck Tom
Thanks Tom. But how long do they keep this info? Thats if I can remember where the test station was, it was that long age!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Beechy - as in all dealings with an "organisation" - DOCUMENT everything!

Best investment is probably a scanner. Scan your licence and send a copy with your licence with the groups highlighted - also write a clear letter stating what groups are on your licence.

Do not trust them to get it right!

Jul 30, 2005
Visit site
Agree with Beechy - as in all dealings with an "organisation" - DOCUMENT everything!

Best investment is probably a scanner. Scan your licence and send a copy with your licence with the groups highlighted - also write a clear letter stating what groups are on your licence.

Do not trust them to get it right!
Clive are you of an age when you didn't need to take a test?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Marie.

These records are kept for ever, i passed my m/c test in 1972 but when i went to update my licence in 2001 it came back without the m/c entitlement , i had to trace mine back to Belfast but it was worth it .It took in total approx 3 months .Best of luck . Tom

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

This has affected potential new employees at our place,as they have now removed the automatic C1 D1 etc and people are having to go and pay to take a seperate test! thankfully when I changed mine to the photo type it came back with them still on or NO JOB !!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts