Drying out a damp Quasar 544

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have a 2014 Quasar 544, purchased new in July 2014. It has developed a severe leak in the roof and maybe around the offside lounge window. Having now protected in from rain, I am in the process of drying it out with gentle heat and a dehumidifier. Does anyone know if the blue staining on the inner wall will disappear when dry or will the wall lining have to be replaced? I have been doubly unlucky as 1st Lunar going bust means no 10 year water ingress warranty and the problem only became apparent in September, 2 months after it would have been possible to get the dealer to step up under 'sale of goods' legislation.

May 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I have a 2014 Quasar 544, purchased new in July 2014. It has developed a severe leak in the roof and maybe around the offside lounge window. Having now protected in from rain, I am in the process of drying it out with gentle heat and a dehumidifier. Does anyone know if the blue staining on the inner wall will disappear when dry or will the wall lining have to be replaced? I have been doubly unlucky as 1st Lunar going bust means no 10 year water ingress warranty and the problem only became apparent in September, 2 months after it would have been possible to get the dealer to step up under 'sale of goods' legislation.
Hi, i also owned a 2014 Quasar/ultima 544, at 2nd-year service a leak had developed offside roof corner, which the dealer eventually repaired, and replaced inside panels,
i add this! the roof sealing metal strip,(where the roof section and front section are joined) had to be replaced and sealed , the roof panel was not replaced,only side panel! and
no staining to be seen,
another area between toilet and rear corner which i thought to show damp! however the dealer said it was fine low moisture count under18%?
Ps Try a fan heater inside directed on the area of damp it worked for me,
my dealer stated the panel material was designed not to stain,
hope all this is some help, regards Donal

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think that you are wrong in your understanding of the law. The six year period actually runs from when you could have first reasonably have been aware of a fault and you have six years from then. Presumably you had the caravan serviced regularly and the problem came to light as a result of this.
The problem though after six years is, was the caravan faulty at the time you bought it? as six years down the line this is very difficult.
We had the same model and what looks to have been the same fault. Lunar had a problem with a faulty seal used where the roof met the front panel and repaired ours and many others under warranty. Our dealer said they all needed this although I think this was an probably an exaggeration.
This was a known fault and could be shown to be this. If this is the case on your caravan then you might have a case, although showing this after six years, and suggesting a leak at that age is unreasonable might be a problem. If you can get an independent report on it you might just have a case.

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Ray, thanks for your response; the legal advice came from the Motorhome and Caravan Club legal support and is consistent with my understand of 'sale of goods' legislation.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ray, thanks for your response; the legal advice came from the Motorhome and Caravan Club legal support and is consistent with my understand of 'sale of goods' legislation.
Being past the 6 years from date of purchase would make it extremely difficult to take any sort of action as you would need to prove an inherent fault.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts