Drying your awning

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi Daniel.

What we do is loosly fold each panel dry side to dry side then fold it and pack into a wheelie bin liner. We use 5 bin liners as our awning is a 5 piece. Then once at home we either hang them ouside over the washing line or inside the garage to dry out and aire.

Wheelie bin liners are a real asset to any caravanner/tenter. Most pound shops do 5 for a quid.

Cheers.

Steve L.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

after packing away you wet awning,you must unpack it within 48 hours or the awning will end up,if left for a long period to produce spores which cause mildew and this will wreck your awning.even if its raining outside,hang it on the line to air out.its when the awning is tightly packed and the air cannot circulate that causes mildew.so always open it out wherever you can.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
After this weekend away in North Wales our porch awning was extremely wet when we packed it away. We hung it over the rotary dryer in our garden when we got home and it was dry within half an hour. I know it is a porch awning and is lighter material so will dry quicker but we have done something similar with the main awning in the past which worked just as well.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
when our awning is wet, we loosely roll it up and stand it up right in the shower and close the door so any water that comes out of it goes down the plug hole, and as soon as we get home hang over our washing line in the back garden, and as a previous replier said, it only takes half to an hour to dry, sometimes if the weather is still bad when we get home i just leave it in the caravan shower until it stops raining to get out and dry, we have left for over 3 or 4 days before now with no mildew, mouldy smell, etc. as long as its loosely rolled up it will be ok for a few days, hope this helps.

Feb 25, 2008
Visit site
As I mentioned in another thread, I obtained some awning channel and fixed it to the side of my garage. I can now erect the awning in my garden and dry it out and also clean it as required.

The channel is available from a caravan breaker or order a new piece from your local dealership.

It's not necessary to have one complete length, several short lengths (about 4 feet long) will answer the purpose.

Michael - Derbyshire

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
We have put a couple of hooks at each end of our utility area and hang our Isabella over that. As it is too big to expose all panels at the same time, we gradually slide the whole thing along every so often until it is all perfectly dry. We have tried other methods. We found the clothes airer on the patio to be good IF the sun rather than the rain was blessing us. We tried spreading it out on the driveway but the condensation which collects on the underside of the awning was a bit of a nuisance. It's all about trial and error and personal preference / convenience. You'll find which is best for you as there is no right or wrong way to do it. Good luck. Denise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts