Dunkerque - any suggestions for overnight stop?

Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Steve

On the way home this year we stayed overnight in the Norfolk Line carpark at the Dunkerque port. The carpark is just to the left of, and immediately before, the NL booking office. No facilities but free of charge and lots of other caravans, motorhomes,etc overnighting there. It is a large carpark and there was still plenty of room when we arrived at 1.30am(!!!) on the Friday before the August Bank Holiday weekend. We were able to stay hooked-up. The port is quite a way from anywhere and so I don't think there should be any security problems. In the morning we just drove out of the carpark and into the adjacent ferry queue

In addition we were early for our 10.00 am booking and were able to travel on 08.00 ferry at no extra cost.

If you don't like the above option in 2008 we overnighted at Camping Perroquet in Bray Dunes about half an hour's drive away. I have given a review in the ukcampsite.co.uk campsite search section. In 2007 return and 2009 outwards we spent a few nights at Camping Chateau Gandspette - about 45 mins drive from port. We did book any of these in advance just phoned up on the day we arrived.

Hope one of these suits.

Tim

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I'd second Chateau du Gandspette - only about 25 minutes from Dunkerque, in very peaceful countryside. We've stopped overnight there on the way back from very many French holidays - and usually have a meal in the restaurant to save cooking and washing up on our last night.

It takes Camping Cheques, too, so only

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts