Duvalay mattress topper

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone used a Duvalay 2.5 cm memory foam mattress topper. Thinking of buying one for the caravans single bed which is 193 cm x 70 cms and could do with just s bit more padding. The single gets used by myself if we are three up or my wife when travelling together.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi OC we bought one for our double bed in the van about 7 years ago, wouldn't do without it now. In fact it is more comfortable than my bed in the house!! And Ive changed that twice!!!
See they are giving the choice of 3 types the freshtec one wasn't available back then if my memory serves me right.
One thing that I would be concerned about in your situation though is do you intend to pack it away during the day as it could be quite bulky.
Hope that helps.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi OC we bought one for our double bed in the van about 7 years ago, wouldn't do without it now. In fact it is more comfortable than my bed in the house!! And Ive changed that twice!!!
See they are giving the choice of 3 types the freshtec one wasn't available back then if my memory serves me right.
One thing that I would be concerned about in your situation though is do you intend to pack it away during the day as it could be quite bulky.
Hope that helps.
Thanks Kev. Even if there are three of us in the van the single at the back stays in place and is used as a stowage for sleeping bags. We had a self inflating mat which was okay but sprung a leak. So the Duvalay looked an attractive alternative.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We have a double mattress topper from Costco on our van bed. Brand is “sleep better.” Thicker and cheaper than Duvaley and super comfy. We just tuck the extra under the cut off bits of the bed. It comes in a single but you would have to check the width. As Kev says, bulky to store but fine if you are leaving the bed made up.

Reactions: otherclive

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
We have a 2,5 inch medium density foam topper which we are very pleased with, but it's not a Duvaley brand.

Following advice from within the trade we went to one of the UK's major trade suppliers of these foam products for hotels, shop brands etc, Southern Foam.
We visited them to "test" the various densities and thicknesses out, then emailed a drawing of the shape we required and it came a few days later neatly in its "Cool Plus" zipped cover.
We chose the medium of three grades as even that's weight is considerable. Had it for several years and very pleased with it in every respect, going direct it saved on buying a branded product.

They also trade via Amazon:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the replies as ever plenty of good advice which makes the final choice that much harder. Either of us sleep quite well on the single but as the bones get older a little more comfort wouldn’t go amiss. The van is due out mid February so I will update on our decision and success thereof.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
OC, we had a 2 inch Memory topper from dunhelms, for our Coachman 560. Cut the corners off myself, it was really good, great.
So we then bought a full specially made mattress memory foam for the side island bed which zips in the middle to fold to make fitting the sheet easier. Bad move wife hates it so its back to the original mattress with cotton topper.
The memory foam one is up for grabs for free on the items for sale thread on here, .including photos.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
OC, we had a 2 inch Memory topper from dunhelms, for our Coachman 560. Cut the corners off myself, it was really good, great.
So we then bought a full specially made mattress memory foam for the side island bed which zips in the middle to fold to make fitting the sheet easier. Bad move wife hates it so its back to the original mattress with cotton topper.
The memory foam one is up for grabs for free on the items for sale thread on here, .including photos.

Thanks Hutch but the full size one is just too large for my needs. The single bed is 193 x70 cm and generally has been quite comfortable but we felt a little extra comfort might be good. We previously used a single self inflating air mattress but it sprung a leak that couldn’t be sealed. Spaniel misfired !

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Hutch but the full size one is just too large for my needs. The single bed is 193 x70 cm and generally has been quite comfortable but we felt a little extra comfort might be good. We previously used a single self inflating air mattress but it sprung a leak that couldn’t be sealed. Spaniel misfired !
I bought the Duvalay 2.5cm bed topper just in time to catch the generous new year sale discount. Tried it last night on one of our home singles and surprised at the difference that it made. At less than 3 kg and packing to no more than a small sized hold-all it should do us fine. It also has the advantage that if more support padding is required it can be folded such that you go from 2.5 cm to 5.0 cm under your shoulders to hips.

Reactions: Gagakev
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought the Duvalay 2.5cm bed topper just in time to catch the generous new year sale discount. Tried it last night on one of our home singles and surprised at the difference that it made. At less than 3 kg and packing to no more than a small sized hold-all it should do us fine. It also has the advantage that if more support padding is required it can be folded such that you go from 2.5 cm to 5.0 cm under your shoulders to hips.
Glad it's worked, i still think you should have had mine from the forum market place .😉

Jan 26, 2020
Visit site
I never used the Duvalay, but I had a Utopia until a while ago and was pretty satisfied cause it was a cooling surface, very breathable, helped me with my night sweats. Had to throw it out because of some nasty dog-related incidents though, looking for a new one now too, but I think I'll stick to the cooling types, these work best for me.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Caravan did not venture out in mid February as originally planned, but we have just arrived back from a four night break. The Duvalay 2.5 cm topper went onto the single bed which was used by my wife. She said that it made a real difference to her sleep in that her hips were more comfortable. So I can put that down as a success. But I’ve given up on trying to stop the dogs deciding to try and join her around 0600 most days. Time will sort that one out.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
The Caravan did not venture out in mid February as originally planned, but we have just arrived back from a four night break. The Duvalay 2.5 cm topper went onto the single bed which was used by my wife. She said that it made a real difference to her sleep in that her hips were more comfortable. So I can put that down as a success. But I’ve given up on trying to stop the dogs deciding to try and join her around 0600 most days. Time will sort that one out.
Glad the wife is sorted OC, where you sleeping ...........................................
with the dogs until 0600 hrs :giggle:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our dogs decide that 07:00 sparrow crack they want to go out. At home they lay in until 9 or 10 pm.
We have a new topper, to try out yet a rebound from Dunelm.
But our memory foam mattress is still for FREE, for a side bed , under the For Sale Thread

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
I'm researching a replacement topper for our caravan double bed: the cheap Dunelm topper isn't working anymore - Should I spend the Duvalay money for their shaped toppers?

I have to say that i'm disappointed that i need to buy one, considering the mattress is made by Duvalay - perhaps that's their business model: sell overly-firm OEM mattresses to drive topper sales!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm researching a replacement topper for our caravan double bed: the cheap Dunelm topper isn't working anymore - Should I spend the Duvalay money for their shaped toppers?

I have to say that i'm disappointed that i need to buy one, considering the mattress is made by Duvalay - perhaps that's their business model: sell overly-firm OEM mattresses to drive topper sales!

The one we bought was only the 2.5 cm topper and my wife has now used it on 10 nights away and it has made a noticeable difference to the comfort. It seemed a reasonable compromise between weight cost and comfort. And it’s worked.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our dogs decide that 07:00 sparrow crack they want to go out. At home they lay in until 9 or 10 pm.
We have a new topper, to try out yet a rebound from Dunelm.
But our memory foam mattress is still for FREE, for a side bed , under the For Sale Thread
The memory foam matress is still up,for grabs "for free" but you need to collect, see the for sale threads for size, i think it would fit any side Fixed bed.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We originally bought a Duvalay many years ago when we were newbies then got rid of it and later bought a Dunelm. Half the price of the Duvalay and just as comfortable. As we had an island bed we had to trim the corners with a pair of scissors. Now we have a topper from Jonic and it is super comfortable plus customer service from Jonic 110% better than Duvalay.

Sep 23, 2021
Visit site
Yes, I had a previous mattress cover with this particular company. At the time I thought it was pretty good, but when I bought the one I have now, I realized I was a bit mistaken. In summer it's a very practical thing, especially if there's no air conditioning, it's not as hot to sleep on as a regular mattress. I can recommend looking at this online mattress store here I bought mine. It`s also important that the mattress cover can be washed by hand or in the machine at 60 degrees, so I am not afraid of stains on it. Since my mattress isn't the cheapest, I like to think it's protected from the elements, plus it makes using the mattress even more comfortable. It isn`t visible under the bed.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts