dvd recorders

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Anyone use a dvd recorder?

We've bought one this weekend but (a big but) we cannot get it to record to dvd. We follow the book but don't even get the right screen up.

We bought dvd+rw which are supposed to be recordable dics, but the screen keeps saying incompatable.

It tell us how to format the dvd but this doesn't work either.

Anyone got any knowledge?

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, doesn't read right. There is more than one format, there will be even more soon when the new ones come out. Your recorder might use dvd-rw rather than dvd+rw.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Here's some info Disc's that can be used for recording and playing on this machine:-

HDD - dvd-ram dvd-r(dvd video format)

dvd-rw (video format) dvd+r

Multi format recording and playback dvd-ram, dvd-r, dvd-rw, +r, and +rw.

I bought dvd+rw (1-4xspeed)4.7gb single sided.

So then are these the wrong dvd's.

To help I bought a Panasonic 80gb HDD Model No. DMR EH50.

I'm normally ok with these sort of machines but I'm a bit stumped and need a little help guys.

Thanks.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Smiley, I woul dgo back to where you got the machine, and ask them to run through it, and show you how it works.

Ihave a Panasonic system, and it will not play any dics other than authorised versions, as it has copyright protect built in.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi Damian

Yes found that out this aft.

I emailed Panasonic with problem they have given me a list of disc's I can buy and which ones.

Thanks LB if you had not mentioned the disc's I would not have checked you were right +RW were the wrong disc's.

Only thing is because I opened one although blank Tesco would not exchange even though they were incompatable.

Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Hi Damian

Yes found that out this aft.

I emailed Panasonic with problem they have given me a list of disc's I can buy and which ones.

Thanks LB if you had not mentioned the disc's I would not have checked you were right +RW were the wrong disc's.

Only thing is because I opened one although blank Tesco would not exchange even though they were incompatable.

Oh well, live and learn.

Thanks
yw smiley.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts