DVLA Notice (dangerous drivers)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Notice from Driving & Vehicle Licencing Authority.

Notice issued: 12th May 2006

In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially

dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower

than average IQ and driving ability to display a warning flag.

The flag (comprising of a red cross on a white background) will

be attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle.

For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are

required.

INF 797/2

Visit the web site at www.dvla.gov.uk

G

I thought flying the Union Flag upside down was a generally accepted indication of being in 'distress'?

However, drivers with the flag mentioned by 'gooner' certainly get curious looks up here, not that you see too many.

G

Have to be careful. I see even our own 'head of government' was slated because he refused to support England. He rightly stated that politics and sport were seperate matters and he would follow 'with interest' those matches involving players currently playing in Scotland. It is possibly the first time in his life he has actually made an independent decision, without influence from Westminster, however, I am sure he will soon receive a call from the 'Scottish heavies' in Westminster and rapidly issue a change of mind tomorrow.

To my surprise I find Scotland is actually represented in the world cup, by a certain Jason Scotland of Trinidad and Tobago fame. And he drinks Irn Bru. Maybe that is why their shirts are popular up here. After all, any excuse for a party.

But back to the point. I don't feel the need to fly a Saltire from my car at any time, not it seems do that many of the folks up here. It is usually on the number plate.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Have to be careful. I see even our own 'head of government' was slated because he refused to support England. He rightly stated that politics and sport were seperate matters and he would follow 'with interest' those matches involving players currently playing in Scotland. It is possibly the first time in his life he has actually made an independent decision, without influence from Westminster, however, I am sure he will soon receive a call from the 'Scottish heavies' in Westminster and rapidly issue a change of mind tomorrow.

To my surprise I find Scotland is actually represented in the world cup, by a certain Jason Scotland of Trinidad and Tobago fame. And he drinks Irn Bru. Maybe that is why their shirts are popular up here. After all, any excuse for a party.

But back to the point. I don't feel the need to fly a Saltire from my car at any time, not it seems do that many of the folks up here. It is usually on the number plate.
If it wasn't for the English Premier League, Scottish football would be dead.

Let's face it if ICT can make it from Highland League to Premiership in 3 seasons it's not saying much for the Quality of Football. If Englands performance is anything like Allys Tartan Armies was in Argentina, I to would not want to fly the Scottish Flag ( just in case anyone could remember that far back ) Remember they stopped the Home Nations Tournament because they ran out of opposition for the English. No matter what you think 5 million will never beat 50 million. I see now why Jack is so pro Malawi he's scouting for players for the next world cup to try to help Scotland Qualify.I'm sure he can find some dependants from Livingstones earlier visit.

Tounge in Cheek -)

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts