Early Arrivals

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Liz,

Never had any problem arriving around 11 oclock on cc sites,

When leaving we are around the first to go about 9 o'clock am.

Lots of cc sites we visit some people do not leave untill well after 12 noon,we stayed at clumber park cc site and some people were still there till after 5 pm, felt sorry for the van close to us as it was aproaching darkness when they decided to leave, when hitching up the poor fellow had no caravan lights,he got some proper welly from his wife, we all ralled round and eventually traced the fault to bad connection within the car .

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
It's not actually a hard concept to get your head around.

We've towed the caravan to Cornwall in around 5 hours and another time taken 9 or 10 hours.

So if we get a good run do we stop half way and expect the traffic to keep flowing the same or do we keep going rather than get snarled up in the traffic.

So if we get a good run we could be 4-5 hours early, with seven or so metres of van behind do we pull into one of those numerous spacious free Cornish cravan pull ins or do we head for our servise orientteted friendly campsite that we are ging to grace with some of our hard earned cash as we know some caravnners may leave at 8am and some at nearer 12

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Hi Cris, All it takes is a simple call from your mobile if your journey has gone well. If previous caravanners have left, your laughing, if not site might suggest no worries we have parking bays you can wait. It's got to be a little give and take. Regards Liz

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We're free and easy, and face to face it's difficult to say NO if the client can see clear spaces ;-)

As for calling the camp site, firstly the staff our probably mopping the showers so the phone rings and rings or it's engaged for hours on end as the site is so popular as the showers are so well mopped!

Plus you keep banging on about not using a mobile whilst driving so we can't be distracted and it's not a lot of good stopping when you are making good time :)

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Well is looks like you have all corners covered here. What ever I say you come back with an answer. I see you never replied to two girls with cassette toilet problems.

If you ring the site and it rings,rings, maybe we are trying to sort out the early arrivals. I can soon get back to my mop and bucket because here I drive around in a Golf Buggy, but I do not break the speed limits of 5mph. Regards Liz

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
Well is looks like you have all corners covered here. What ever I say you come back with an answer. I see you never replied to two girls with cassette toilet problems.

If you ring the site and it rings,rings, maybe we are trying to sort out the early arrivals. I can soon get back to my mop and bucket because here I drive around in a Golf Buggy, but I do not break the speed limits of 5mph. Regards Liz
P.s I forgot you mentioned the mobile, to ring the site well hands free, using of course ear piece. O' of course not forgetting face to face and you see empty pitch, well that might be someones pitch who will arrive on time and not an early bird. Liz

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Women and whatever they do in or with toilets is for them to do as they want.

Any man is best keeping well out of that one ;-)

I've just always remember to put the seat and toilet bowl lid down so why should I risk loosing top marks ;-)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Leg and wrist rebuild, so yes !!!!!!!!!!!!

But three months in the sun to recuperate, I should have had it done just after Christmas but had a set back :-(

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
You mean to say we will not hear from you for 3 months you cannot do that to us, oh unless you can use broadband. Anyway all jokes aside I hope all goes well, and have a nice long rest in the Sun just what the doctor ordered. Take Care Liz

Mar 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Liz. You certainly got some milage out of that. How do you run a site if you are up until after one in the morning playing with your computer? Henry.

Oct 17, 2006
Visit site
O well this time of year we are fairly quite, I will not be up so late come next week rally here, so I am making the most of it while I can, I was very interested to hear peoples views on this topic. Regards Liz

MIB

Mar 15, 2007
Visit site
Left one site at 10.00am as rules dictated. Travelled to next site where the arrival time was 12noon. All sounds ok, except journey between sites only took 45 minutes. Thank goodness for very friendly and obliging site owner.

Sometimes tiomings can't be helped, though most of us,I'm sure, try our best to onlige by the rules.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think that Liz has a good point that if you contact your site management on route you can delay your arrival until there is space and everyone is happy. Try to remember that you are starting your most important time - HOLIDAY and that small wait can be used to chill out.

Marc

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts