Easter Getaway... HELP!

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I promised my kids an easter weekend in the Caravan but every Caravan Club site is booked up, as a new caravanner i had no idea it would be this difficult to get a pitch.

I would like to take them somewhere perhaps with a zoo or similar attration nearby but dont want to be much more than 2 hours away from our home in Nottinghamshire. Any suggestions?

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
CC sites are notoriously difficult to book into unless you plan your trips the previous December.

We are just up the road in Sheffield and have family in Ilkestone.

As you are in Nottingham why not have look around NE Lincs and stay on of the many CL's. Most do have hook up, some a shower( although basic) and they usually have a loo. They are very quiet and often have room for kids to run around

( but beware , on many sites dogs seem more welcome than kids these days).

Try around Mansfield,and Ollerton , you can always pop along to Whitepost Farm for a day.

At Easter we are off to Wells Next the Sea to Shrublands Cl, and i have a 9 year old and 3 year old( large beaches- narrow gauge railway- perfect).

You could also look around Twycross Zoo area, i am sure there will be loads of CL's, or a bit further would be around Much Wenlock and Telford .. visiting the iron bridge museum is a must.

As a family we have all but given up on CC sites and now rely on CLs onl;y and while the facilities are not the same we have a loo in van , we have shower , a sink, hot water and heating , a football( soft)

Search the CC website for CL's and see what comes up, you can select the facilities you want but we stick to selecting a loo and hook up.

Good luck and don't get too disheartened.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
try diamond farm, oxfordshire, or fir tree farm, banbury, or twilite leisure banbury, or barnstones, banbury, or lincoln farm park oxfordshire.

all these numbers can be found on www.ukcampsite.co.uk

hope this helps

jo

May 15, 2007
Visit site
There is a cl at Dyayton Basset close to Drayton Manor Park.

01827 280622, we stay there quite a few times , nice 5 van wthe electric, you could give it atry.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
have you tried C&CC or google caravansite finder for a private site (sorry I don't know how to post a link)

mel

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Dont want to be a party pooper,but have you seen the forecast for easter weekend stephena?

Maybe go the weekend before or after?

Might be more places available too.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Beehive is a nice site (been a few times) but now a bit pricey,the CL at Drayton Bassett is close to the Drayton manor and close to Twycross Zoo.I live localy so know both

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I live about 5 mins away from Conkers.

The C&CC now have a new site located at Conkers.

If you would like anymore info, then please ask.

Sam
Thanks guys i will be googling all of these later, my original first choice just told me they have a non EHU pitch i can have for the weekend but as a newbie caravanner how long with the battery last with no electric?

Jan 17, 2005
Visit site
If admin won't mind me advertising another forum, try www.ukcampsite.co.uk.

They have a search facility by map, so you select a location (your home?), set some criteria and click SEARCH - shows you all campsites in the radius you specify (5, 10 or 20 miles), along with very helpful reviews of each site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts