Easter meet 2007

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Immediately after the 2006 one, but why not start an Autumn Bank Holiday Meet discussion right now. Maybe a day later in the year when BBQs could be the theme, we could call it a Meat Meet. :O)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I hate veggies, how dare you inflict all that pain on harmless vegetables.

Have you no respect for their feelings !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I'm not coming, I can hear the cries of pain from from veggies as they are thrown into boiling water or slowly steamed to death :-(

I'll have RSPCV at Lickhill so you had better look out.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Just wondered, is Lolly is going to be the Eastermeeter Group official "eastermeetergreeter"

She'll need a big cap or shirt to get that printed on it ;-)

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
:-0 I'm saying nothing as I get into enough trouble on here :)

If you are suggesting that it fits all on the Shirt front that's up to you.

So maybe that was you on "that Photo" ;-)

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Maybe now is a good time to look at becoming an official rally club with regular meets and an annual AGM. I am sure that there are many other rally clubs out there that can offer good advice. At a later stage you could section it off into different counties, i.e. south East, south west, North, Midlands etc with one or two big rallies or meets each year.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I have been in discussion with the receptionist at Hendre Mynach Touring Caravan & Camping Park, Located in Barmouth, Wales, (she came to stay at the hotel I work in this week) and she is going to send me details of their park.

Maybe people would be interested in a meet there for easter 2007 - we couldn't book as a rally, but we can book up individually and be placed together (much the same as Lickhill is doing).

Your thoughts would be appreciated, especially if anyone has been there and could comment on the site.

Thanks

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Maybe now is a good time to look at becoming an official rally club with regular meets and an annual AGM. I am sure that there are many other rally clubs out there that can offer good advice. At a later stage you could section it off into different counties, i.e. south East, south west, North, Midlands etc with one or two big rallies or meets each year.
Good idea Ian - I would be willing to help out if anyone is willing to second me, (i.e something in the secretarial line)

Lolly x

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Lolly I tried to get 4 vans in there last easter in plenty of time but the site was full I suggest you book now it is a very popular site but not my ideal ,it is right on the sea front on the edge of the town,with regards to setting yourselves up as a 'club' you had best apply for an exemption certificate for which you will need rules ,officers etc,they are free and are valid for five years.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lolly I tried to get 4 vans in there last easter in plenty of time but the site was full I suggest you book now it is a very popular site but not my ideal ,it is right on the sea front on the edge of the town,with regards to setting yourselves up as a 'club' you had best apply for an exemption certificate for which you will need rules ,officers etc,they are free and are valid for five years.
Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply regarding the site in Barmouth - any help you could give with regard to setting up a club would be much appreciated, where do you apply for the exemption certificate you mention? are there any particular rules we need, what officers do we need?

Many thanks

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
That's one for the cooking pot, Lolly. Any idea where in Wales (could do with a wise Welsh person at this point) it is and does it have good access? It's something we all have to talk about at the 2006 Easter meet, along with Ian's suggestion of going formal with the club. You're correct about spaces filling up, especially if we have one in August or later in the year, so once we get together we can thrash it all out.

Less than three weeks to go now, both myself and SWMBO need the break.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Tony

Thanks for your reply regarding the site in Barmouth - any help you could give with regard to setting up a club would be much appreciated, where do you apply for the exemption certificate you mention? are there any particular rules we need, what officers do we need?

Many thanks

Lolly x
The exemption certificate is from a government dept in Bristol but the best place for guidance is to talk to ACCEO which is the Association for organisations with exemption certificates.

These in very simple terms 'give you planning permission to hold a rally virtually anywhere (subject to landowners permission)the exception to this is rallies in National Parks which have seperate rules.

ACCEO are based at Top Bank Farm ,Holt ,Worcs ( not a million miles from Lickhill)

They will be able to help with draft rules etc,you also have to agree to the country code and have a constitution with this built in.It also sounds daunting I guess but worth the effort.

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

I agree, lets get something concrete sorted out at Easter - not long now, they tried to alter the rota at work, I threw my toys out of the pram, (that worked), they are not changing my hours for that weekend - told them in no uncertain terms I AM AWAY FOR EASTER!!!

BTW what does SWMBO stand for, I have had a very hectic weekend at work and I can't think straight!!

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
That's one for the cooking pot, Lolly. Any idea where in Wales (could do with a wise Welsh person at this point) it is and does it have good access? It's something we all have to talk about at the 2006 Easter meet, along with Ian's suggestion of going formal with the club. You're correct about spaces filling up, especially if we have one in August or later in the year, so once we get together we can thrash it all out.

Less than three weeks to go now, both myself and SWMBO need the break.
The web address is www.hendremynach.co.uk, got directions on there, hope that helps!

Lolly x

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
lolly my reply re exemption cert is on your reply to me if that makes sense
Got it thanks Tony, took a while as I am feeling a bit dippy today! (lack of sleep)!! have noted your comments ready to follow up should people be interested.

Lolly x

TRENDING THREADS