Easter meet 2007

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

I agree, lets get something concrete sorted out at Easter - not long now, they tried to alter the rota at work, I threw my toys out of the pram, (that worked), they are not changing my hours for that weekend - told them in no uncertain terms I AM AWAY FOR EASTER!!!

BTW what does SWMBO stand for, I have had a very hectic weekend at work and I can't think straight!!

Lolly x
I'm in the same position Lolly. We have an on call commitment to fill, at the moment Easter comes between my on call times, but there is a huge reorganisation starting at the beginning of April. I just hope it doesn't effect the roster or I might have to come down with a "strange" illness over Easter, I don't like pulling stunts like that but what can you do?

S= She

W= Who

M= Must

B= Be

O= Obeyed

SWMBO.....AKA....the trouble and strife!

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Lolly

Brilliant answer from Steve, must have slept in the knife box last night. The answer to you question is SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.A saying popularised by the television series "Rumpol of the Bailey"

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

I agree, lets get something concrete sorted out at Easter - not long now, they tried to alter the rota at work, I threw my toys out of the pram, (that worked), they are not changing my hours for that weekend - told them in no uncertain terms I AM AWAY FOR EASTER!!!

BTW what does SWMBO stand for, I have had a very hectic weekend at work and I can't think straight!!

Lolly x
Hope you are still coming? you must, won't take no for an answer!!

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are looking for a later meet in Wales the Pembrey Country Park will take organised rallies. It is just outside Llanelli and is a very attractive part of south Wales. Also very central for Tenby/Saundersfoot to the west or Swansea/Cardiff to the east. Easy access off M4 junction 47. There is a shop/cafe on the site and also a small toilet/shower block. Next door is the CC Pembrey site. The country park is a huge natural unspoilt coastal area with plenty of outdoor activities assuming the weather is good. The park itself is sheltered from the sea by a small forest area therefore it is not open to the Atlantic gales at any time. Unfortunately there are no electric hook ups on site.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Lol

Lolly x
After the sympathy vote Lol?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you are looking for a later meet in Wales the Pembrey Country Park will take organised rallies. It is just outside Llanelli and is a very attractive part of south Wales. Also very central for Tenby/Saundersfoot to the west or Swansea/Cardiff to the east. Easy access off M4 junction 47. There is a shop/cafe on the site and also a small toilet/shower block. Next door is the CC Pembrey site. The country park is a huge natural unspoilt coastal area with plenty of outdoor activities assuming the weather is good. The park itself is sheltered from the sea by a small forest area therefore it is not open to the Atlantic gales at any time. Unfortunately there are no electric hook ups on site.
Colin, you gave an excellent description and it sounded lovely, then you dropped the bombshell, no electric hook ups!

LIs

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Who needs electric? for any form of heat, power, etc. we rub sticks together or have a first rate excuse for cuddling up together in bed. You English are spoilt with all your modern gadgetry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to mention - get up with the sun and go to bed with the setting of the sun.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Lolly and co

I am a little concerned that if you are not careful things could get out of control,I admire your collective efforts and wish I could join you all but work prevents this.

My concern revolves around you being a 'rally' no matter what you choose to call it that is what it is ,I have already given Lolly details re Exemption certificates which you will nedd to stay fully legal and flexible on choice of future rallies,a point that I forgot to mention to Lolly was that ( I cant remember if it is a Excemption condition) of the very real need for public liability insurance ideally with member to member cover without it you are very exposed.Many years ago I was a committee member of tyhe local Parent Teachers Assoc and at a school event a young girl was injured ,the school/local education authority quickly distanced themselves and left us to pick up the pieces believe me you need to have full insurance cover.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I need electricity Colin. How would my daughter get her hair straight without any straighteners?

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I am of the understanding that liability insurance is only required if its an organised event. All people who are going booked and paid direct with the site and thus their liability insurance should cover any eventuality.

If,however a club is formed, then that is different. but at this time there is no club or people responsable

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just a suggestion. Let's hang fire for a bit. Let's see how we all get on at Easter and then consider future meets and the possibility of forming a club.

Lisa

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Simple have her hair cut before going on holidays - No2 all over - wont even need a hair drier.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
North of Aberyswith is a place called Borth which has several caravan sites. Mostly nothing compared to Lickhill but the surrounding area is pleasant and there is a large river estuary nearby. Aberdovey is across the estuary and aberryswith is not far away. The site that we stay on has a large club house and rinks are reasonabaly priced. There is also a swimming pool and play area for kids. Basically a site that you don't have to leave for 4 days.

I can however highly recommend Fosseway Farm in Moreton In Marsh however there is a limit of only 5 EHU however members of C & CC can take advantage of the other 5 on the CS which adjoins the rally field.

Have a look at the folowing link for various venues; http://www.caravancampingsites.co.uk/

I woudl recommend that we try and keep main meets central to every one as much as possible and that seems to be central England. Wales might be nice but the issue is getting there especially if you live in the North East or London area. Just a thought.

As`a matter of interest don't PC magazine organise a get together once a year and why couldn't we operate under that umbrella if I am correct?

TRENDING THREADS