Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have been looking for a caravan club site in kent,sussex ,surrey, new forest even sandy balls & hobourne bashley but they are all fully booked for easter i've just had a look at maybe even the isle of wight.... any of you good people got any good ideas....please help .

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete - have you tried the Forestry Commission? They've got loads of sites in the New Forest, try www.forestholidays.co.uk I think. Our favourite is Aldridge Hill - no amenities, but it's right in the middle of the forest, and only about 2 miles from Brockenhurst where there's a superb French style Boulangerie which cooks fresh baguettes & croissants every morning. There's also some great cycle tracks away from traffic, so very safe for the kids. Good luck

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pete, yes I know what you mean. Easter is quite early this year and maybe this causes a problem. Are all the main sites open then or is there a fixed opening date, say 1st April for most sites?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm sorry to say that I think you've left it far too late. All the experts will tell you that caravanning(and camping) have been THE growth industry in the leisure sector since 9-11 and because of this sites get fully booked for BH weekends far sooner nowadays. You will find that at sites like Sandy Balls, people are booking year on year in order to get what they want. That and better forward thinking is leaving folk like you with very little choice if any at all. It's a great shame because this trend has taken the spontaneity out of our pastime.

Good luck all the same.

Vic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We've only just booked at a site call Honeybridge Farm in West Sussex (Nr Horsham). You could try there. Otherwise buy a caravan mag and just phone all the sites that you can!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've got the same problem, left it too late!

I'm going to try Grange Farm, Brighstone IOW later on this morning.

A bit basic, stayed there last Easter but right by the sea with lovely views.

Ferry crossing a bit pricey, but do deals if going over at off peak times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts