EGR fault on Mondeo

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
We have towed with our 54 plate Mondeo 2.0 ghia for the last two years with no problems at all-brilliant tow car, but have now developed a fault diagnosed as an EGR problem. It has been back twice now-1st time a high pressure valve was replaced-no change,2nd time(today) the EGR valve was replaced, it seemed ok at 1st but the fault returned on the homeward journey,phoned the garage and he said it might need time to read the sensor position? has anyone else out there had this sort of problem and if so what was the outcome, what should we expect?

They've said it's safe to drive, and they'll have it in again if the fault persists, any advice much appreciated thanks.

tj1

Aug 23, 2008
Visit site
mine had some trouble with the EGR boost valve it was blocked also had a split in the turbo pipe , she smoked like a trooper at 3,000 revs so bad you couldn,t see the car behind also loss of power ,common by all accounts cost

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Many thanks for the replies.

Glenn- the fault is that the car when not under power eg. foot off gas or a downhill section of road, makes the car lumpy-feels as though it's missing,did it today on a down hill part of the m4 in cruise mode- judder judder, then when the engine has to start working again it stops or you can depress the clutch which also stops it, it will have to go back in as we're not happy with it, but what will they do to get it right?

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
what exactly is a EGR problem , i have the 130 TDCI estate which i have since it was 6 months old , and the only thing thats been replaced after 58000 miles are the tyres and brake pads ,filter and oil , i hope you get it sorted

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Angela

Is the idle speed correct and steady?
Hi Ray, no it isn't steady,rev counter is just below 1000revs(750ish) can be quite chuggy when just left to idle but ok when revved up. Still jumping today so have been back onto garage,waiting for a courtesy car to be sorted now for it to go back in!!Car is ok when gas is on and car is under load but will start jumping going downhill when pressure on the gas is decreased then ok when reapplied, any ideas?

Jan 25, 2009
Visit site
Look at http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/fusionbb.php

for all mondeo problems!
Many thanks for that Paul, I have signed up to the site and posted my question!

Hopefully I'll get some advice so that I can go to the garage and at least sound as though I know what I'm talking about and understand what they say! Always feel at a disadvantage in a garage!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts