EHIC (E111) card

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Don't forget to check the expiry date on your EHIC card - the original ones expire after just two years. Many of us who applied when they first came into being will have already passed the expiry date! I've just renewed ours on-line (very easy and no cost, for a change) - and the new ones last for five years so we don't have to remember again until 2013!

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes Val, I heard on the radio that they have an expiry date and ours were about run out too. The amazing thing is that it is Government and it's organised!!! I phoned in and they were on the ball, I had the renewed cards in a couple of days....

Hi

Just returned from 3 wks in France and during our stay my hubby had an accident which involved his eye, we had to go and see the dr and they didnt know what the E111 was, sorry EHIC card, I tried to explain it to them and they said we still had to pay! Is it just the hospitals that accept them as our other friends have also encountered the same problems? Make sure you take out travel insurance as the EHIC card doesnt seem to be worth alot!!!

TRENDING THREADS