Eire campsites

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone experience of touring in Eire? I'm looking to take the ferry from Liverpool next June- is that the cheapest option? My route will take me to the Ring of Kerry and back again, with stops in Co. Wexford, Waterford and Cork. Can anyone reccomend any cheap sites (preferably with a drinking establishment attached!)?

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have not caravaned in Eire but have given it a lot of thought. It will be interesting to see what type of replies you receive. My wife and self went to the Ring of Kerry for a few days - stayed in B & B. Beautiful countryside, scenery and residents very laid back without a care in the world. Brilliant break and can thoughourly recommend the area. Enjoy yourselves and relax.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
toured there three years ago,campsites can be a bit sparse at times, beautiful country, scenery, etc.found the irish tourist board very helpful,brochures <try google for lots of websites ,photos, locations>.i went fishguard-rosslare,but i am from the westcountry.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
good site in co wicklow @ redcross,if you stay here you cannot miss a session at mick cullens just outside gate of site. when doing ring of kerry you must stop at a site at catherdaniel overlooking kenmare bay, the site has pitches cut out as a series of steps with drop to river on 1 side, it is unmissable it is about half a mile to pub. also been to flemings white brige in killarney also highly reccomended again 10 min walk to pub.

enjoy the craic !!!!

stuart

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Snap!! thinking about touring the west coast this summer.County Claire is well worth a visit great place although a little of the beaten track.From what i've seen the sites seem to be few in number and fairly basic. Good luck!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts