Elddis 482 electrics

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Hi, my daughter has a 13 yr old Elddis 482. On a recent trip they were using too many electrical items and the system blew. However the vans circuit breaker hadn't tripped and neither had the sites box. They tried a different box with a different lead but still nothing. Any ideas?

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I would have expected the vans circuit breakers to trip if the circuits were overloaded and the hook up if the van was exceeding the supply there. The sites ones can trip though, if too many people are near the individual hook up limits.
Was the problem reported to the site staff and investigated to see if it was their system?
If the other pitches were getting power, then it might be your hook up cable, I would check that for damage and for any loose connection in the plugs, but otherwise I would get an engineer to look at the caravan.

Dec 7, 2006
Visit site
Rest of site was fine. Test on hook up box was fine. Change of cable. Fault would appear to be between Caravan external socket and trip switches. Strange.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HomerS1 said:
Rest of site was fine. Test on hook up box was fine. Change of cable. Fault would appear to be between Caravan external socket and trip switches. Strange.

Definitely an issue to be investigated by a competent electrician.

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Just a thought..........Have you tried switching the breakers in the caravan OFF then ON again? It is not unknown for a breaker (and particularly the main incoming RCD) to trip, but the 'handle' to physically remain as if it is still ON.

(Of course, if a breaker does develop such a fault, it should be replaced at an early opportunity).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts