Elddis Affinity 550 2018 roof bow

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi please help anyone own one of those vans and tell me if their roof bows down 1 inch at front skylight and rain runs in skylight as my dealer says that the design
HELP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If that’s the design then it’s still a fault because no dealer would be able to say it is designed to let in water, you need to take whatever course of action you can dependant on how long you’ve had it etc, once you give details on how long etc there are several poeople on here who can quote chapter and verse where you stand and what you need to do, the dealer sounds like a right cowboy.

BP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I am sure that before the days out you’ll get good advice on your legal rights, the dealer saying it’s just how it’s designed has got to be absolute rubbish.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi shug. When you say rain runs in the skylight, do you mean it then enters the van? And is that with the skylight open or shut? There are folks on here that know the CRA inside out! I am sure that they will advise you, however it will help them if you give as much detail as possible.
Good luck
Mel

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
[sup][/sup]Hi the skylight is 1 inch below roof line and the water runs under skylight and over plastic lip and on to floor
Cheers ps with skylight shut.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your dealer is telling lies.
No caravan is designed to let water IN, at least not intentionally.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Which website:

Repair or replace
If you are outside the 30-day right to reject, you have to give the retailer one opportunity to repair or replace any goods or digital content which are of unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described.
You can state your preference, but the retailer can normally choose whichever would be cheapest or easier for it to do.
If the attempt at a repair or replacement is unsuccessful, you can then claim a refund or a price reduction if you wish to keep the product.
You're entitled to a full or partial refund instead of a repair or replacement if any of the following are true:
the cost of the repair or replacement is disproportionate to the value of the goods or digital content
a repair or replacement is impossible
a repair or replacement would cause you significant inconvenience
the repair would take an unreasonably long amount of time.
If a repair or replacement is not possible, or the attempt at repair fails, or the first replacement also turns out to be defective, you have a further right to receive a refund of up to 100% of the price you paid, or to reject the goods for a full refund.
If you don't want a refund and still want your product repaired or replaced, you have the right to request that the retailer makes further attempts at a repair or replacement.
Use our step-by-step guide if you want to ask a retailer to repair or replace something you've bought that subsequently develops a fault.

The first six months
If you discover the fault within the first six months of having the product, it is presumed to have been there since the time you took ownership of it - unless the retailer can prove otherwise.
During this time, it's up to the retailer to prove that the fault wasn't there when you bought it - it's not up to you to prove that it was.
If an attempt at repair or replacement has failed, you have the right to reject the goods for a full refund, or price reduction if you wish to keep the product.
The retailer can't make any deductions from your refund in the first six months following an unsuccessful attempt at repair or replacement.
The only exception to this rule is motor vehicles, where the retailer may make a reasonable reduction for the use you've already had of the vehicle after the first 30 days.
If you'd prefer to keep the goods in question, you can request an appropriate price reduction.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Make sure you put everything in writing , keeping a copy for yourself and insist that the dealer puts everything in writing.

If you deliver anything by hand, take a photo at the time of handover with a time and date stamp. Otherwise, recorded delivery for all correspondence.

May 11, 2014
Visit site
The warranty repair people at Elddis are really helpful. We know as our caravan went back to the factory for a roof replacement. Demand your dealer resolve it or ring the Elddis factory for their thoughts.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Thought the job of the dealer was to 'keep the customer satisfied' which ought to be an outright guiding principle when you have invested in a new van so recently. A good dealer who does so will get your continuing business for assessories, spares and servicing and maybe another new van when the time comes. I guess a certain dealer has now blown it as far as you are concerned!
A properly fitted skylight should have a watertight flange that sits proud of the surrounding roof thus to prevent any water ingress.
Good luck with your quest to get this sorted.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Damian has listed the position very well and you should follow advice. I have never heard so much rubbish as what you say the dealer said. You should write recorded delivery immediately. In your letter quote the Consumer Protection Act as once dealers know you are aware of that most will be more realistic.

IF you bought the caravan on HP or paid the deposit or any other part of the purchase on a credit card then you have similar rights to those against the dealer against the finance companies and you should inform them of the position and what the dealer has said.

If you are a member of either of the two big clubs you could try their legal helpline who can advise more fully than there is room here. You might also have legal help with your house contents insurance or any trade union you belong to. There is also useful information on the Citizens Advice web site.

Hope this helps.

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi
Thanks all for reply have phoned c/c legal help line and unfortunately I payed cash for caravan.They also advised an independent assessor but non available in Scotland for 3 weeks.Waiting on my dealer getting back to me.
Thanks again
Hugh
Hi all latest news company taking van back to factory to repair ,best offer i can get
Cheers

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi just an update van went back to elddis and repaired,no one will tell me what they did neither dealer nor elddis but van now looks good so have to wait and see.Thanks for all advise and help
CHEERS
SHUG

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts