Elddis Avante 534 Noseweight

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all

I have tried measuring the noseweight of my Avante 534 and get a reading of just under 100kg. This is with just a gas bottle and cables in the front locker. Is there any other 534 owner out there that can confirm this reading is about right? Having just read the threads on noseweight I am wondering if my noseweight guage was sitting somewhat lower than the height of my towbar, which might give a reading higher than it would be when towing. Just wondering how I can then get it down to the 80kg required for my towcar. I don't normally carry much of a payload to move around and compensate. Why can't manufacturers publish noseweight for the van as it comes out of the factory? Looking forward to your replies. JohnJ

John,

I've got a Compass 534 - same as yours - and the 'official' noseweight from Explorer is 85kg. By the time you add gas etc. in the locker it can go off the scale which means I move some stuff behind the axle. It takes a bit of doing to get the nosewieght down (say 80kg) and balance right, but I have to say I find the van tows like a dream which I put down also to the v-tec chassis and hitch as much as anything else. Good luck. Phil in Christchurch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts