Elddis Avante 534

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with the showertap.We had a major leak whilst in France.

Also Heki was not fitted as requested(a production line error that will be dealt with inhouse.Good old explorer group.)I am still awaiting delivery of a fixed bed frame that was ordered from the dealer 9 weeks ago. Original fixed bed frame broke in half on our first outing.The dealer we bought the van from were able to glue and fit duck tape to the bed as a temporary measure but still unable to use fixed bed!Appreciate any replys.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi sarah, we had an 02 534 and developed a large crack in the washroom sink. we had to wait 12 months for a new sink and had to fit it ourselves.we sold the van and wont use that dealer again. we now have an 04 avondale and have a problem with the onboard charger and are about to fall out with our present dealer... there is a moral to this story: you get what you pay for, ie dont go to the cheapest dealer. the best dealers dont have to discount too much to get a sale.

we have a brand new, May 2004, 534 and last time out noticed a leak from behind the panel covering the shower piping. On phoning the dealer he already knew about the fault and suggested buying blanking kits for the pipes and offered to replace the tap. This has now been done and we wait to see if all is ok on our long winter trip.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a new Sunseeker 534 which is basically the Odyssey version. Our shower flooded on our second trip out, (and first time using shower) and we were in france. I traced the leak to behind the shower mixer tap where the housing of the mixer valve was cracked. Luckily I was able to blank off the pipe and continue our holiday. On our return to England I found a dealer local to where I live who stocked the same tap. The dealer I purchased from allowed me to buy it and I fixed it myself. If I had to wait for the Explorer Group to authorise it and supply a replacement I would have waited months, and done without a shower in the meantime. I have waited two weeks just for a price of a replacement positional light lens ! still waiting while water may get in!! as the original fell off!! I am so disappointed in just six years of caravanning that the dealer and manufacturer care is so poor despite paying silly money for what turns out to be sub standard products.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Water leak from the shower room tap causing wet carpet in front of the toilet door. Took the panel off and blanked it off. It can get sorted on its first service. Apart from that the van has been very good, hope I'm not tempting fate though!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have an Elddis scirroco and am now on the third tap,they only seem to last a couple of weeks.A friend of mine also has the same problem,and is on number five.The dealer who replaced mine said that they have fitted 50 in the past month.It must be a design or manufacturing fault,Reich should therefore redesign and replace them all.

Dec 6, 2005
Visit site
we bought a brand new elddis in feb 2005, used it for two weeks in august and creases appeared in the body. we took it back to our dealers and they told us it had to go back to elddis. 13 weeks now elddis are now claiming we wound the legs down too hard on the van. . we are now taking alddis to court The build quality seems to be atrocious on new vans

Oct 28, 2005
Visit site
Just read this one, our '04 Xscape 534 (Avante)had this leak, and the dealer said there was a recall from Explorer and fitted new tap etc, FOC, it sounds to me like peoples dealers are letting them down.

Ours come from White arches at Rushden, and i cant fault them for service, and we are very pleased with the van.

I will use the dealer again, and would have no problems buying an Elddis again.

Tim

G

I bought an Eldiss Odyssey 505 new just two years ago....a complete nightmare. I've had windows replaced, front locker door, cupboard doors, taps, carpet, trumatic heater incorrectly fitted thermostat, and other small niggly complaints. NEVER AGAIN.!!!!!! NEVER.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts