Elddis Avante 840 Measurements

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
We have bought and Elddis Avante 840 which we take delivery of in July. The caravan will be going on a seasonal pitch and we need to level off the area where the wheel will be, To level off the whole pitch would be too costly. I would be grateful if anyone who has one of these caravans at home would be able to measure the distance from the back of the caravan to the wheel arch of the back wheel and the distance between the two wheel arches i.e. from the front edge of the front wheel arch to the back edge of the rear wheel arch. This will allow both myself and site owner to workout areas of the pitch that needs to be worked on.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Why don't you go to the dealership and do the measurements? Not many people will have the 840. BTW many other twin axle caravans in the Elddis range will have the same measurements as the 840 even the Crusader and the Buccaneer.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We have bought and Elddis Avante 840 which we take delivery of in July. The caravan will be going on a seasonal pitch and we need to level off the area where the wheel will be, To level off the whole pitch would be too costly. I would be grateful if anyone who has one of these caravans at home would be able to measure the distance from the back of the caravan to the wheel arch of the back wheel and the distance between the two wheel arches i.e. from the front edge of the front wheel arch to the back edge of the rear wheel arch. This will allow both myself and site owner to workout areas of the pitch that needs to be worked on.

Thanks in advance.

I would hate to be facetious, and perhaps I am missing somthing. But the obvious answer is, use a tape measure.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I would hate to be facetious, and perhaps I am missing somthing. But the obvious answer is, use a tape measure.

John
Thye haven't got the caravan yet which is why I suggested a visit to the dealership. All Elddis twin axles should have the same measurements as generally it is just the inside that has a different layout.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thye haven't got the caravan yet which is why I suggested a visit to the dealership. All Elddis twin axles should have the same measurements as generally it is just the inside that has a different layout.

I missed the bit about not being deliver yet!!! I agree, just ask the dealer. Surely they will have a tape. But if another member on here has one, perhaps they could help.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I missed the bit about not being deliver yet!!! I agree, just ask the dealer. Surely they will have a tape. But if another member on here has one, perhaps they could help.

John
We have same chassis but caravan is in storage. I am thinking that if the pitch is not level and they scrape out a dugout for the twin axle wheels to fit level, more than likely the back end will end up touching the ground before the steadies are even lowered. OP may be wasting their time doing dugouts for rear axle depending on slope of pitch. then of course they will have a jockey wheel high up in sky and need blocks under the front steadies. Probably not a problem with a single axle.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all your replies, I cant go to the dealer due to travel restrictions and I tried the dealer twice same old story once they got your order they are on to the next. The pitch is a challenge sloping both ways and we have previously needed blocks both sides of my single axle to ensure its level and the awning has the right fall on the roof to prevent pooling. Im getting too old to jack up the van and would like something more permanent where I could position it with the mover. Anyway I now have the measurements from the dealer after asking to talk to the sales manager!! as I had been ignored twice.

Thanks again for all your replies.

TRENDING THREADS