elddis avante truma electric water heater problem

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
We've recentoy bought a 2005 elddis avante 505 & are on our first trip out. We cannot get the water to heat up via the electric. We definitely filled the water tank prior to turning on. Am I right in thinking that when u switch the main electric water heater switch (at the foot of the seating) and the ultra store switch to the 0 point that should then heat the water? If so nothing is happening. The gas does work however.
please help as we are currently going mad here , such a learning curve...our old caravan 30 yrs old seemed so much simpler

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I moved your query to the Technical message board where you'll receive more replies, but if you Google Truma Ultrastore you will find You Tube videos which will show step by step instructions on how to use your water heater on electric. The ultrastore switch should be set to either 500w 100w or 2000w if I remember correctly. The wattage settings are for sites with 6A, 10A or 16A hook ups respectively.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The ultrastore has two forms of heating the water.

It is primarily intended to be used on gas, and the control switch has two symbols on it, O is OFF, a gas flame symbol is ON, the inner control varies the temperature if required.

The Electric heater is operated by a simple switch , its either OFF or ON and there is NO way of adjusting the temperature, it is factory set at 70 degrees.
The switching is dependent on the van it is in, some have a simple switch on the power distribution panel, some have a secondary rocker switch situated near the heater (usually).

It is the Ultraheat space heater that has selection of 500, 1000 or 2000w settings.

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
We definitely filled the water tank prior to turning on. Am I right in thinking that when u switch the main electric water heater switch (at the foot of the seating) and the ultra store switch to the 0 point that should then heat the water? If so nothing is happening.

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there a reset button were the element goe's into the tank. Problem I had once was when van serviced the mains water heater was left on. When on site mains pluged in no water in the tank this is how we had no hot water, pressed reset button job done.

Trevor

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Angel,

Were you perhaps expecting instant hot water? because the Trumastore won't give it. Its a storage water heater and it has to heat water in its tank. The tank holds about 10 L.

When using gas or electric heating it needs 10 to 15 mins of heating to produce some warm water and it takes about 30to 40 minutes to fully heat a tank full. It is quicker if you use both gas and electric heating together.

The heater has thermostats which will monitor and maintain the set water temperature. The electric element has a fixed thermostatic value and will heat the water up to about 60 to 65C - which is too hot to use by itself so the 10L of hot water when mixed with cold can often be stretched to about 20L of usable shower water.

The gas side has an adjustable wall thermostat, which you can set anywhere within its usable range.

Once filled the heater always remains full because to get hot water out the pump pushes cold water in. Its advisable to drain the heater before moving the caravan or when storing it, especially during frosty conditions.

Whilst it is safe to leave turned on all the time you are using the caravan, for ultimate economy you can turn it on about half an hour before you need it and turn it off again afterwards. Many users will leave the electric element turned on, and set the gas burner to as slightly lower temperature, so that if a lot of hot water is used the gas burner will light to help the electric element re heat the tank more quickly.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Trevormc said:
Is there a reset button were the element goe's into the tank. Problem I had once was when van serviced the mains water heater was left on. When on site mains pluged in no water in the tank this is how we had no hot water, pressed reset button job done.

Trevor

There is no reset button on an Ultrastore water heater, there was a reset button on the Carver Cascade heater.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a faulty main electrical on off switch, although the switch was in the on position the double pole internal part was not closing due to a broken pin which the switch lever rotates on, I had a caravan service person to fit a new switch, never had any more problems after that.
Royston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts