Elddis Avanti 550 microwave removal

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
Hi all,
The microwave in my 2020 Elddis Avante 550 seems to have died. No power at all. I've tested the socket and changed the fuse in the microwave plug and both seem fine. Thinking I'll have to replace it but can't see at how to remove it. I can see the screws securing it from underneath when I open the door but no way to access them from underneath the shelf unit it sits in. Anyone have any ideas or advice?
Thanks in advance.

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
Hi Dustydog, I've had another look and that doesn't seem to be the same as the Avante. I've taken some photos to show what my set up is. The photos show underneath the shelf and the screws when the microwave door is open.

Attachments

• _20240209_075546.JPG
    _20240209_075546.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • _20240209_075517.JPG
    _20240209_075517.JPG
    808.3 KB · Views: 15
  • _20240209_075459.JPG
    _20240209_075459.JPG
    972.2 KB · Views: 15
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks. Are you sure there are no hidden capped holes / screws on the underside shelf? If you have removed the top screws is the unit still securely fastened?

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
The frame is a lift up door hinged at the top. This door is screwed down with 2 woodscrews,, the screws are hidden with little round stickers that is the same colour as the laminate. You need to peel the round stickers off to access the screws. Once these 2 screws are removed you can lift open the "door" to access the bracket that holds the microwave in.

Note the brown stickers on my 'van were a perfect match I did not see them at first.

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
The frame is a lift up door hinged at the top. This door is screwed down with 2 woodscrews,, the screws are hidden with little round stickers that is the same colour as the laminate. You need to peel the round stickers off to access the screws. Once these 2 screws are removed you can lift open the "door" to access the bracket that holds the microwave in.

Note the brown stickers on my 'van were a perfect match I did not see them at first.
Thanks Echodale. Can you tell where the stickers are located? Are they underneath the shelf? I can see one in my photo of the underside of the shelf but not two.
I can't check in the van as I'm out now. Cheers.

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
I cannot remember exactly where they are but they are hidden inside "door" I am short so had to use the caravan step to look down and a torch. I can see that sticker in your photo might be worth peeling it off, as these are hand assembled it may differ slightly.

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
I cannot remember exactly where they are but they are hidden inside "door" I am short so had to use the caravan step to look down and a torch. I can see that sticker in your photo might be worth peeling it off, as these are hand assembled it may differ slightly.
Excellent, I'll have a look when I'm home. Thanks for your help.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
The microwave in my Elddis Xplore 304 died. I repaired it and posted what I did in this thread.

To remove the microwave - if its the same as mine - then you raise the door surround (just like the cupboard doors) and you should see a bracket with two screw facing you. Just remove those and you can lift out the microwave.

As I mentioned previously diy repairs on microwaves can be dangerous unless you know what you're doing.

Feb 5, 2024
Visit site
The microwave in my Elddis Xplore 304 died. I repaired it and posted what I did in this thread.

To remove the microwave - if its the same as mine - then you raise the door surround (just like the cupboard doors) and you should see a bracket with two screw facing you. Just remove those and you can lift out the microwave.

As I mentioned previously diy repairs on microwaves can be dangerous unless you know what you're doing.
Thanks Sam but I wouldn't know what I was doing opening it up.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
This likely to send thread down different path.
Have you considered fitting shock absorbers to help reduce vibration from poor road surfaces. I've been doing bit of research after our last trip on farm tracks our government passes off as state highways (Class A road for UK readers).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
In the first picture (showing the wood and under shelf light) if you look carefully near the top and the bottom of the picture you can see two wood effect small round features which are almost certainly the access screw covers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts