Elddis stress lines

Jun 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, our Elddis has developed what appears stress hairline cracks at the top and bottom rear panel.

We are not concerned about the hairline cracks as we have had them checked out.

Trying to think of of a way to cover these, without making it stand out that something has been placed there, without looking out of place.

Any ideas welcome

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Google Elddis crack covers and you will see these. Before fitting make sure you have drilled small crack stop holes at the crack ends. Then for hairline cracks apply Captain Tolleys crack stop.
Top Rear Panel Corner Covers White - Swift Sterling Sprite Elddis Caravan RPTCC - Picture 1 of 12

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
How old is the caravan and when you say at to and bottom of rear panel, where is the exact location of the stress marks. As a matter of interest who checked out these cracks?

On a previous caravan, we had the same and the rear pane; needed to be replaced. Those hairline cracks become full blown cracks. We had an Elddis product and went through that ordeal.

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
While at it check sealant on all joints and reapply as needed. The sealant on 4 yr old Eddlis I looked at was in poor condition and coming away in some places. Also had hairline cracks.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
While at it check sealant on all joints and reapply as needed. The sealant on 4 yr old Eddlis I looked at was in poor condition and coming away in some places. Also had hairline cracks.
I think it would be better if checks were made for damp first before re-sealing otherwise the damp will be trapped and cause further damage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts