Elddis Xplore 302

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
Strangely enough I took the similar decision when I sold the caravan in June. The tent had to meet the dogs approval though. Apologies for the rough erection but it was a quick check as I bought this tent on EBay less than a year old, never used and less than half price. The first one I bought was a little too small to sit up in comfortably. Had two nice short breaks, but no longer a 4 seasons tent camper.
View attachment 2525
Like it ...........

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
By all means take a damp meter with you , but before you start probing with it you must seek permission of the owner.

The other thing about using damp meters, you must follow the manufacturers instructions, and you must also take into account the weather conditions, and the fact than many caravans have an impervious plasticised surface which can give false readings.
When i brought my present caravan in April 2019 I ask the owner could I try my damp meter and she said go ahead this van is bone dry and she had proof on paperwork of last service so far very happy with the caravan .:)

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Strangely enough I took the similar decision when I sold the caravan in June. The tent had to meet the dogs approval though. Apologies for the rough erection but it was a quick check as I bought this tent on EBay less than a year old, never used and less than half price. The first one I bought was a little too small to sit up in comfortably. Had two nice short breaks, but no longer a 4 seasons tent camper.
View attachment 2525
Looks nice and roomy

Reactions: Tow to tow
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Looks nice and roomy
It’s a Vango Omega 350 bigger than the OEX Coyote that I initially bought and with 5000 mm head resistance. Very popular with DOE. Got a good deal on it via EBay and sold the OEX at buying price. Looking forward to springtime as must admit as they days got shorter bedtime got earlier😀

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It’s a Vango Omega 350 bigger than the OEX Coyote that I initially bought and with 5000 mm head resistance. Very popular with DOE. Got a good deal on it via EBay and sold the OEX at buying price. Looking forward to springtime as must admit as they days got shorter bedtime got earlier😀
I would have to agree with you looking forward to next April when we go to Goatfell Leek :)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all, so much appreciated. It looks like I will buy a tent or not.
Can I ask how does the Freedom van do?
They have a good reputation although I have never owned one to comment on my experience. I have seen them at shows and they are basic in the extreme though and not for everyone. The 50 kg load allowance on some models makes those ones useless in my eyes, unless they can be increased.

Reactions: Tow to tow

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts