Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
are these batteries really worth £100.00 with a five year guarantee

would be interested to here from fellow caravans before i part with my money

thank you

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have the 100 amp hour and it is very compact for its rating, and weighs less than other lead acid (conventional batteries. We use it to site the van with the mover and it lasts a long Winter weekend and will still move the van okay. Whether it is worth it over 5 years I do not know but contact me again in 3 yaers time!

Jun 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I have the 100 amp hour and it is very compact for its rating, and weighs less than other lead acid (conventional batteries. We use it to site the van with the mover and it lasts a long Winter weekend and will still move the van okay. Whether it is worth it over 5 years I do not know but contact me again in 3 yaers time!

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
My previous battery was an 85 amp hour and the replacement 100 amp hour Elecsol was the same weight, so this is a worthwhile gain. There is a 110 Ah version too, but the weight is 25.2Kg compared to 19.6Kg for 100Ah and its also longer. Only had it 12 months, so no long term view yet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The good thing about this battery is the carbon fibre cells--- a normal leisure battery in the van never gets fully charged up, and therefore is constantly receiving current, this causes sulfation which in turn renders the battery u/s---can happen at anytime--this dosen't happen to the elecsol battery, and if looked after should give you 5 years plus

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts