Electical problem, hobby 410 2008

May 1, 2024
Visit site
Hey guys I am new here. My name is Rob and I live in Norway.
To the problem

I have a hobby 410 sf exelent.
Yesterday I pick it up from storage and today I was gonna clean it and check everything. I plugged in the power and everything worked fine.
Then in all haste I disconnected the power without turning of the fuses. Now the controll panel does not work. No lights nothing. Other things some things seem to work. But the controll panel is dead. What to do?
I have check all the fuses in the caravan.

May 1, 2024
Visit site
It could be, right now i am charging the battery. I think it might have gone bad over the winter. It has been in storage since October. So I will charge it or change it and then I will come back to you guys

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
It could be, right now i am charging the battery. I think it might have gone bad over the winter. It has been in storage since October. So I will charge it or change it and then I will come back to you guys
A fully charged battery may fix the problem 🤞

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
So is it that when the battery is dead the electric system like lights pump and all that's stuff doesn't work even when it is connected with a cable to an outlet?
Yes, the 12 volt system will not work. But also. Electronic devices, like the control panel can act strange if they only receive a very low voltage. Which is why I suggest you MAY be pleasantly surprised when you put the battery back on.

Good luck with the battery re-charge, they don’t like being allowed to go flat.

John

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not familiar with your van at all, but it may be worth a check - is there a 20A fuse between the battery box and the control panel? Trace the positive lead between the two.
Otherwise can you identify the manufacturer of the control panel to help the forum offer further advice maybe?

May 1, 2024
Visit site
Yes, the 12 volt system will not work. But also. Electronic devices, like the control panel can act strange if they only receive a very low voltage. Which is why I suggest you MAY be pleasantly surprised when you put the battery back on.

Good luck with the battery re-charge, they don’t like being allowed to go flat.

John
Thanks so mutch. I might as well buy a new battery then today 😁

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Thanks so mutch. I might as well buy a new battery then today 😁
If replacing make sure it is sealed AGM not flood battery if battery box is in cabin eg under a seat. AGM have very low out gassing compared to flood.

UK vans have external battery box so outgassing isn't issue.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
If the van has both 12v and mains wouldn’t there be an on board battery charger or “ transformer “ to take care of 12v when on hook up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts