electric bbq

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi all, the site we are going too this summer in france only allows electric bbq's, we have seen a george foreman free standing bbq grill , does any one own one or some thing simular, if so what are they like , how much power do they draw will i have to turn off all other appliances , looking forward to your replies......pete

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
i had one and it used up to 2kw . i understand some french sites are very low amp so they may not be compatible.
Paul

We used our George Forman on several French sites, some with as low as 5 amps supply, with no problems. Probably had the water heater on at the same time too, as we tend to leave it on most of the time. GFs are much easier to use than gas or charcoal, and very easy to clean (my job!). Try Argos and use some of your Nectar points!

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
i had one and it used up to 2kw . i understand some french sites are very low amp so they may not be compatible.
I Purchased a Stellar induction hob, It is the best bit of kit i have purchased in a long time. It is also very safe around children as there are no hot surfaces. The only slight down side is you do need pans that can be used on induction hobs, I purchased a large deep frying pan and a stew pot and find that it is all we need.Search on the net for best price, I have seen them for around

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks paul, v.mildrew2 & mark . purchased goerge foreman freestanding electic bbq , tried it yesterday in kitchen & works very well , (very tasty chicken kebabs indeed , i bet not many people had a bbq in mid january this sunday)the only trouble i had was that i had to use an extension lead , the first one i used was a 6 amp lead but it keep tripping out,so i had to use a 10 amp lead which they recommended in the instruction book, my question is if i use a 10 amp lead to run my electric bbq on a 5/6 amp french camp site will it work...pete

TRENDING THREADS