Electric connection in France

Feb 20, 2006
Visit site
We are travelling to France in the summer and I as wondering how good or bad the electric connections usually are. We need our microwave to sterilise our baby's bottles and I was just wondering if this will work.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Why not use sterilising tablets and leave the weight of the microwave at home.

I think you might have to buy a low wattage one for the van but I'm not expert on this point.

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Dave,

Probably the best idea would be to take your microwave - most commercial camp sites offer 6 Amp (1400 watt) power or better, whereas municipal sites may only offer 4 amps (1000 watts).

And also take a strip of sterilising tablets - they will hardly affect your payload - and if you experience a really good storm that takes out the site power - you have a fall back.

And you can buy anything you've forgotten or extra supplies in a local hypermarket.

Robert

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Just a note to say that my kids have reached adult hood with no problems with bottles sterilised whilst babies on campsites in tents with no electric and just a twin gas hob and grill.

You do not actually "need" a microwave,but as Rob and Lutz have pointed out you should have no problem unless you try to have aircon, travel iron and other electrical goodies running at the same time.

If you have any concerns, just make sure that the microwave is the only thing drawing power whilst you use it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts