Electric issue

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
About a year or so ago ther was a long thread on the NCC ruling that caravans should be checked once a year for electrics and that caravan site owners should be asking for the certificate. Unfortunately the search engine is not very good and I am unable to locate the thread. Can one of the mods please try and find it? Thanks.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dont bother trying to find it, it is totally out if date, hopelessly wrong and insignificant.

Yes there was a "push" by the NCC (or so they told the NCC Workshops) to get every van/motorhome over 3 years old to have an Electrical Installation Condition Report (it has changed from PIR inspection already).
However, the CC and C&CC stated that they would NOT be asking for certificates,and neither would the majority of sites( There were two sites which supposedly did ask).

In the last 3 years I have not carried out a single inspection, despite having been forced to spend a lot of money on so called "essential Courses", and neither have many NCC Workshops.

As it is at th emoment, NOTHING is changed , and I cannot see anything changing in the forseeable future.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Surfer said:
About a year or so ago ther was a long thread on the NCC ruling that caravans should be checked once a year for electrics and that caravan site owners should be asking for the certificate. Unfortunately the search engine is not very good and I am unable to locate the thread. Can one of the mods please try and find it? Thanks.

I don't wear a parka or ride a lambretta but I found THIS
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts