Electrical Issue

Aug 3, 2022
Visit site
I have a Coachman Laser 665 (2019) that appears to have developed an electrical fault. At various times the alde heating system appears to lose mains power for a second, during which time 12v lights flick on, sometimes dim, sometimes full, never all at once and at random. The leisure battery appears fully charges according to various systems on board and app. Anyone any ideas as to the cause and solution? Thanks.

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
What you describe is typical of an earthing problem but finding such and intermittent fault at that is a different matter altogether!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The condition of the 12V system should not have any effect on the 230V ac system what so ever, so the battery charge is irrelevant, however the coincidence of the heater's loss of power causing the 12V lights to flash is intriguing.

I'm guessing your lights are LED's? If so, they are quite fussy about power arrangements, and it not unknown for Mains LED lights to flicker even when they're switched is off. This can occur when the 230Vac mains supply has reversed polarity. I suggest you have your EHU cable checked for correct assembly i.e. correct polarity and loose connections.

Beyond that it may need a professional electrician to investigate the interruption's to the mains power and the circuits in the caravan.

Aug 3, 2022
Visit site
The condition of the 12V system should not have any effect on the 230V ac system what so ever, so the battery charge is irrelevant, however the coincidence of the heater's loss of power causing the 12V lights to flash is intriguing.

I'm guessing your lights are LED's? If so, they are quite fussy about power arrangements, and it not unknown for Mains LED lights to flicker even when they're switched is off. This can occur when the 230Vac mains supply has reversed polarity. I suggest you have your EHU cable checked for correct assembly i.e. correct polarity and loose connections.

Beyond that it may need a professional electrician to investigate the interruption's to the mains power and the circuits in the caravan.
Thanks yes they are LED’s. I’ve checked the EHU all appears good with connections at each end and no obvious external damage along its length. I am fast coming to the conclusion this is a professional issue.

Anyone else out there with a Coachman or other make that’s had a similar issue resolved?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts