ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi this is my first time on here. I have an electrical issue with my Swift. I have plugged it into the mains as I would normally do, however the distribution panel indicates no power. When the power management system is on I get power to the wall plugs and the water heater, but no power to activate the heater, lights, fridge etc. I have checked as many fuses as I can find, all the trip switches are on and the battery is fully charged. Any help would be most appreciated. Clive

Mar 9, 2006
Visit site
Am I correct in saying you have no 12 volts? If so, have you remembered to switch the power on on the panel above the door? - very easy to forget after the winter!

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Am I correct in saying you have no 12 volts? If so, have you remembered to switch the power on on the panel above the door? - very easy to forget after the winter!
Hi Thanks for the reply. I have switched on all the power switches. I find it strange that the wall plugs all work but nothing else. Even using the fully charged battery doesnt register on the distribution panel. It was fine when we put it away at the end of the season.. Clive

Nov 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clive,

If you would like to email me your van details including serial number and any other information you think might help i will look into this for you

Dave

enquiry@swiftleisure.co.uk

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
clive,...you say you have checked as many fuses as you can find,... if i remember correctly but i could be wrong, on my 2004 530se challenger there was a 12 volt inline fuse under the front seat close to the water heater,have you checked this,..it is easy to find just lift up the off side bench seat ,look down and you should see it,i believe it is 20 amps rated,..hope this helps

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
clive,...you say you have checked as many fuses as you can find,... if i remember correctly but i could be wrong, on my 2004 530se challenger there was a 12 volt inline fuse under the front seat close to the water heater,have you checked this,..it is easy to find just lift up the off side bench seat ,look down and you should see it,i believe it is 20 amps rated,..hope this helps
Hi Thanks I will look and see if I can find that fuse. Thanks again. Clive

Jan 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi Mate

Just to get this right, all mcb's are in the on position, the rcb is on, you have power to the sockets, two things to check, re-set all the switches, re-check.

The fridge is normally plugged into the socket circuit, hetare is on it's own circuit, lights on a independant circuit, so if you are losing more than one circuit, the fault lies within the distribution board, if you are in a position to do it, remove the cover, using a simple volt meter test each circuit breaker on the output side, all circuits should read 220 volt or thereabouts.

There could be a neutral problem in the board, depending which type of board you have.

If you let me know how you get on, what type of board, if you are stuck you can call.

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
I used to have a 2005 swift and a few times the 12 volt system would isolate itself for no reason .It was a easy fix using the black remote key fob not the alarm fob.

Don't know if this system is still used on swifts.

Les

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Clive in response to the reply from Les,I too had a sismilar problem so firstly above the entry door make sure your power switch is in the correct position and also the black remote control will switch all of the 12 volt side off,sadly this happens every time we go away.Looking at your remote its the right hand side button that turns the 12 volt side off and on

Good Luck Sir Roger

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Clive,

If you would like to email me your van details including serial number and any other information you think might help i will look into this for you

Dave

enquiry@swiftleisure.co.uk
Hi Dave,

I have emailed you the information. Thanks for your help.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mate

Just to get this right, all mcb's are in the on position, the rcb is on, you have power to the sockets, two things to check, re-set all the switches, re-check.

The fridge is normally plugged into the socket circuit, hetare is on it's own circuit, lights on a independant circuit, so if you are losing more than one circuit, the fault lies within the distribution board, if you are in a position to do it, remove the cover, using a simple volt meter test each circuit breaker on the output side, all circuits should read 220 volt or thereabouts.

There could be a neutral problem in the board, depending which type of board you have.

If you let me know how you get on, what type of board, if you are stuck you can call.
Hi Richard, I was begining to think about the distribution board.. I will get a volt tested and give that a go. Thanks for your help. Clive

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Clive in response to the reply from Les,I too had a sismilar problem so firstly above the entry door make sure your power switch is in the correct position and also the black remote control will switch all of the 12 volt side off,sadly this happens every time we go away.Looking at your remote its the right hand side button that turns the 12 volt side off and on

Good Luck Sir Roger
Thanks, Sir Roger Im getting good advice. Thanks again Clive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts