Electrical Problems

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
took the Sprite major super away this weekend and the lights kept geing bright and then dim. When we came back to the van last night the lights didntwork on the mains setting only when I put the switch to the van battery setting, also If I turned on several lights the battery indicator went to red, anyone any clues whats happening?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Richard, as Eddie says, it sounds like a faulty battery charger, or the battery itself is faulty and you may need a new one.

Looks like some detective work with a multimeter is on the cards.

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Richard, I'm not sure from your post exactly what's happened, but if your lights went dim and bright before they failed I reckon probably the voltage regulator is to blame, which will probably mean a new charger. As Damian says, you'll need to check it out with a multi meter.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
thanks for the advice but I'll not be checking anything with a muulti meter, looks like a caravan electrician is required. Thanks for the info.

Oct 13, 2005
Visit site
Craig

I'll try to summarize what happened.

Connected van to mains on site

set switch on panel to run van on mains

after a while the lights started gettin really bright then going back to normal

after this had happened a few time I set the switches on the to run the lights from the battery and that cured the problem

Latter when I set the lights back to run from mains they went out.

They still work via the battery but If I put too many on the battery level light goes down to the red.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts