Electrical query!

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi we took out our Swift Charisma Gt for the first time last week and spend a wet but enjoyable week in the van with the kids until one day the water pump simply stopped working after fetching more water. Then we noticed the cooker not igniting (gas still coming through) and the electric only seeming to work when the battery charger switch was activate. As none of the fuses had tripped we were at a loss to work out the problem. Any ideas what is wrong before I call an electrician?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Just a thought , maybe the power unit's 12 volt supply to the van has failed . On our Coachman if the main master switch is off all those items you mention do not work,

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
TheMeakin said:
Thanks for replying. I don't think it does, unless it's hiding somewhere I can't see!

The identification will be on the main power distribution unit, should be marked NE109 (or similar), also any other control panel will have a NE *** number.
If it does have this system then the best person to help you is Paul at Apuljack Engineering.

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Okay ta just checked
Ours has an ECM and ESM4 system.

Tried earlier today and still same, plugs and lights working but no ignition on cooker or water pump...

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You should have blade fuses for the 12v systems which do not trip, just burn out.
You need to find them and check them with a multimeter for continuity.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Your ESM unit all have an internal circuit board to charge the battery. These can fail. Damian has mentioned the external fuse, usually close to the charger unit. Check. When you connect to the mains do you notice an increased voltage at the battery. Use a multimeter.
I'd follow Damian;s advice and contact Paul at Apuljack. He has repaired a number of Forumites units using better deigns and better parts than original.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts