Electrical

Oct 7, 2018
Visit site
Need some help please. Brought a replacement pm s 4 for my an st gt s 512 as the pcb burnt out. When I have tried to fit it, all the push in factors fit except 1 as it's a 9 pin plug and the one from the caravan is only a 6 pin. Can I get a step up adaptor to solve my problem. Any advice today received thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Katlow said:
Need some help please. Brought a replacement pm s 4 for my an st gt s 512 as the pcb burnt out. When I have tried to fit it, all the push in factors fit except 1 as it's a 9 pin plug and the one from the caravan is only a 6 pin. Can I get a step up adaptor to solve my problem. Any advice today received thanks

It appears you have used a lot of shorthand and unusual names for parts in your posting, consequently its not clear what you are trying to tell us. We are not mind readers, and for the sake of safety, it would be much easier if we can be confident in what you are describing and asking. Please try again.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure that I know what you're asking about but I moved this query from the end of a different thread to avoid confusion

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Parksy said:
I'm not sure that I know what you're asking about but I moved this query from the end of a different thread to avoid confusion

Its still confusing though !?
The proof will be in the pudding because the Op will be unlikely to receive any useful replies unless he makes himself clear

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Katlow said:

1. pm = power module
2. st = sprite
3. gts 512 = model
4 pcb = printed circuit board.
5. factors = pin connectors
obviously with the van being older the new unit will be of a later type. if all the connectors except one are the same and you still have the old unit. take photos of the old connector. and the new one, remove the pins from the new connector with a very small flat driver or hat pin, that are the same as the old one.
then replace the pins from the new connector into the old one off the old unit in the same place leave the rest still attached to the new connector which will be unused. then just reconnect the wires that are left into the old connector as in the photo you took and plug that into the van.
it is unlikely there will be a ready made patch lead available.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
Katlow said:

1. pm = power module
2. st = sprite
3. gts 512 = model
obviously with the van being older the new unit will be of a later type. if all the connectors except one are the same and you still have the old unit. take photos of the old connector. and the new one, remove the pins from the new connector with a very small flat driver or hat pin, that are the same as the old one.
then replace the pins from the new connector into the old one off the old unit in the same place leave the rest still attached to the new connector which will be unused. then just reconnect the wires that are left into the old connector as in the photo you took and plug that into the van.

Hello Colin,
Your decoding of teh OP's question may be right, but it could also be very wrong, and becasue of the uncertainty I could not be confident about any definitive advice based on such assumptions.

It's really disappointing the OP has not responded.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
colin-yorkshire said:
Katlow said:

1. pm = power module
2. st = sprite
3. gts 512 = model

Hello Colin,
Your decoding of teh OP's question may be right, but it could also be very wrong, and becasue of the uncertainty I could not be confident about any definitive advice based on such assumptions.

It's really disappointing the OP has not responded.
yes it is Prof but we have all been around here for a very long time if the OP is asking a related question on a caravan forum it's a good guess he is not asking something about a Ford Cortina.
now while modern speak is often strange to us old folk. some of it is rather obvious. Ru for instance or Cu is self explanatory while shorten words are often used in texts it's the new way. so I read = " i need some help I bought a new power unit [module] for my Sprite [Abbey] GTS 512 [caravan] because the printed circuit board on my old one burned out. the replacement one is the same except one of the connectors has a 9 pin plug connector instead of a 6 pin one. is there an adaptor to convert the plugs so they will work.

now if that interpretation is wrong so be it. Chances are though it is correct. and if it is the reply is good.

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
yes it is Prof but we have all been around here for a very long time if the OP is asking a related question

Answer: He is scratching his head wondering which part of his Ford Cortina "OP" it refers to.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
Grey13 said:
yes it is Prof but we have all been around here for a very long time if the OP is asking a related question

Answer: He is scratching his head wondering which part of his Ford Cortina "OP" it refers to.

well it must be the flipping circuit board that makes the thing, that drills the hole. that works the thingy-m-bob.

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
Having had problems (now sorted) with the circuit board for my caravan I understand the problem.

In my case the circuit diagram showed 12 fuses, the cover showed what the 12 fuses did, but when you counted there were 14, so I had simply checked the wrong fuse.

To expect there to be a ready built conversion cable is not unreasonable, you can get them for car radios, and from 13 pin to twin 7 pin on car. However I think he is going to be out of luck.

I have been in places where not using the initials caused confusion, I went to a pub and asked for an Indian Pale Ale, they say they didn't have any, as his mate was drawing a pint from a pump marked IPA.

However since the poster has not returned to say what the problem is, it seems this is now a dead post.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts