Electrolux Fridge Fault on Electric

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Just back home from two weeks in the van Glorious time and no problem until last night. The fridge started beeping in the middle of the night (Same sound as if the door is open) The electric mains symbol on the front flashing and also the orange warning light. As we were coming home today I switched the fridge off.
Just checked it now and it's exactly the same. Anyone else had that problem?
Thanks for reading this>

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
Iest said:
Just back home from two weeks in the van Glorious time and no problem until last night. The fridge started beeping in the middle of the night (Same sound as if the door is open) The electric mains symbol on the front flashing and also the orange warning light. As we were coming home today I switched the fridge off.
Just checked it now and it's exactly the same. Anyone else had that problem?
Thanks for reading this>

If the electric mains symbol is flashing then this suggests that the control circuitry has lost the presence of the 230VAC mains supply.

This would happen if the RCD or MCB on the site bollard had tripped, or if the Caravans RCD or the relevant MCB in the caravan has tripped.

Now that you have the van back home, I would suggest providing a mains connection to the van and resetting anything that has tripped.

Did the fridge work OK when you switched it to 12V operation for the homeward journey ?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Lest, we had a problem on our caravan Coachman 560, the power unit had broken down, and was only charging the battery . And not supplying 12 , volts to The fridge and heater. When the power unit totally failed and we were on internal battery after three days, When the battery went down to about 11 volts and less everything went off with a sound like a hundred Canaries. Everything just shut down. 140 mile round trip for new power unit, always carry a spare as does Craig.

Not sure but maybe the fault , check the caravan voltmeter it should show 13.8 ish if its charging.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
EH52ARH said:
Lest, we had a problem on our caravan Coachman 560, the power unit had broken down, and was only charging the battery . And not supplying 12 , volts to The fridge and heater. When the power unit totally failed and we were on internal battery after three days, When the battery went down to about 11 volts and less everything went off with a sound like a hundred Canaries. Everything just shut down. 140 mile round trip for new power unit, always carry a spare as does Craig.

Not sure but maybe the fault , check the caravan voltmeter it should show 13.8 ish if its charging.

Hutch
Do you carry the whole power unit or just the battery charger assemby?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I carry the whole plug in unit, the PS 301, 20 amp charger and 12 volt supply unit.
Just to clarify, when I lost the 12 volts totally although there was 230 volts to the caravan , the fridge and heater wouldn't work as they need a 12 volt supply.

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Checked the fridge this morning and everything was fine. I'd checked all the MCB's. Fuses etc and everything had worked fine both mains and 12v. Bit of a mystery but I suspect a loose connection somewhere- but then I'm always an optimist!
Thanks to all the members that responded.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If your assumption is correct about a loose connection, then you still have the problem, and for safeties sake it needs to be found and put right.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Check the 230 volt supply to the 12 volt power unit, its a 3 pin connector, if this is intermittent and your Fridge requires a 12 volt supply to the electronics then that could be the problem,
Which caravan , year and fridge model is it, that can narrow things down.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Get the guy back and ask him to connect his test board to your car electrics. From this you should see all lights working. He will have a light for the fridge. In a previous Sorento, same as Santa Fe, had problems with van road lights and it turned out to be the towing relay in the car. In current Sorento had a problem with car lights after tow bar fitting and that was due to a loose connection on the tow bar loom.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts