Electrolux RM2262 - WARM BEER

Jul 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone, I am new to caravaning having only just bought my first one 3 weeks ago, not new (1993 Bessacarr Capri 500/5)a step up after camping for 20+ years. We have just done our first weekend away and I got the hang of most things, but I think I have aproblem with the fridge, it gets cool on both gas and hook-up but still the beer is not cold enough. I could do with the instruction book and trouble shooting guide. I have already contacted DOMETIC who said they would send me the info. )Never arrived) Can anyone help

Mark

P.S. I have lots of other questions on best silicon for both inside and out, where do i buy new bathroom units and how to fix small cracks (Wife Reversing). but I will post these l8ter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
At least 2 days before I go away I connect the van to 240v. The fridge is then at normal operating temperature when I want to go. I load the fridge with beer straight from my house fridge. I then tow for 2 or 3 hours, set the van up and consume lots of ice cold beer.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

What was the outside (air) temperature at the time?

This is quite common when it is over 25C and many people fit fans in the upper vent, with this method I can freeze cucumbers until they are transparent!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

This is quite common when it is over 25C and many people fit fans in the upper vent, with this method I can freeze cucumbers until they are transparent!
Rod, this seems like a good tip. We tour quite a lot in the South of France and Italy and always have a problem with warm beer. Could you give more details on how to fit the fan?

Jul 9, 2005
Visit site
Mark,

Rod, Thanks for your reply. Yes it was very warm, but where do you fit the fan and how.

Many thanks

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are goiing to spain shortly. Keeping the beer cold is essential. How do you fit the fans and what kind of fans do you fit. ROD please post insructions. Cheers Richard W

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Rod, Thanks for your reply. Yes it was very warm, but where do you fit the fan and how.

Many thanks

Mark
I see two options at least:

1/ a 12vdc computer fan if using non-electric sites.

2/ a 240vac fan if you use mains electricity.

These fans are available at shops such as Maplins.

It is best to mount the fans behind the upper vent panel, making sure that they are the correct way around so that the air is drawn into the lower vent and out of the top.

Some folks also include a thermostat so that the fan only comes on above a certain ambient temperature, but I haven't, hence the transparent cucumber when I forgot to switch the fan off overnight!

As I use both electric and non-electric sites I have fitted two fans,one 12vdc and one 240vac, each with it's own switch.

You will need to find the best way to run the cabling to the fan as this is van specific.

I hope this makes sense.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I see two options at least:

1/ a 12vdc computer fan if using non-electric sites.

2/ a 240vac fan if you use mains electricity.

These fans are available at shops such as Maplins.

It is best to mount the fans behind the upper vent panel, making sure that they are the correct way around so that the air is drawn into the lower vent and out of the top.

Some folks also include a thermostat so that the fan only comes on above a certain ambient temperature, but I haven't, hence the transparent cucumber when I forgot to switch the fan off overnight!

As I use both electric and non-electric sites I have fitted two fans,one 12vdc and one 240vac, each with it's own switch.

You will need to find the best way to run the cabling to the fan as this is van specific.

I hope this makes sense.
From memory I believe the fans are circa 4 inches square.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts